• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaggery

Reaction score
What’s Enzo’s quintessential shoe? I’m looking to pick up a pair in Bologna in the next couple days.

EB’s most distinctive designs may be their button boots and 1968 wingtip, which hark back to earlier eras. I think of EB as a more of a maker than designer. Their strength lies in the range of styles, lasts, and construction techniques offered at this degree of accessibility, including hand welted shoes. This is especially true of the MTO program, which typically entails a 20% upcharge and several months’ wait. Since EB mainly sells through stockists, it could be worthwhile to call in advance and ask if HQ is open to individual customers.

Last edited:

dangerous

Reaction score
Someone asked about the quintessential shoe from EB is, and I think the full strap loafer is up there amongst button boots and some wingtips.

Rocked the wild deer loafers yesterday on a long walk. They were great.

7FbvZKh.jpg

A lot of EB specialities are exotic and weird leathers. And the amazing MTO-service.

(p.s. yes it's shameless repost since i also posted in skoab-thread)

Last edited:

gmalicki

Reaction score
Any sizing recommendations? Im mostly eyeing up a derby on the 74945 last and some jumpers on the 363 mod last, but overall just am interested in a lot of Enzo makeups.

I fit pretty well into Carmina sizes 7.5 UK (approximately brannock). I have a low volume foot and often experience slight overlap in my lacing. I am concerned with the high instep/volume ive heard about in Enzo shoes making this problem worse.. is this brand a no-go for me?

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any sizing recommendations? Im mostly eyeing up a derby on the 74945 last and some jumpers on the 363 mod last, but overall just am interested in a lot of Enzo makeups.

I fit pretty well into Carmina sizes 7.5 UK (approximately brannock). I have a low volume foot and often experience slight overlap in my lacing. I am concerned with the high instep/volume ive heard about in Enzo shoes making this problem worse.. is this brand a no-go for me?

My experience is that the same size in Bonafe 74945 has a significantly higher instep than Carmina Rain. My Rain-lasted shoes don't quite close up when laced but they're close, and the Bonafes totally close up—a little too much. I'd suspect the instep on Bonafe might be too high for you...

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
How does the sizing on the button boots work? I'm a 9D Us usually. Wanted to potentially find someone who's selling a pair preowned to try it out

ThomasR

Reaction score
Any recommendation concerning 804 sizing vs 74945?
I have a pair of boots (4058 style) in 74945 in 6.5, I have lot’s of space available at the instep, reading some comments here it seems that I might be able to size down to 6 for 804 and it might resolve part of the instep space.

any advice?

Peitron

Reaction score
I have a pair of boots (4058 style) in 74945 in 6.5, I have lot’s of space available at the instep, reading some comments here it seems that I might be able to size down to 6 for 804 and it might resolve part of the instep space.

any advice?

I have a pair of incoming MTO EB wholecuts I ordered through Mehra. I still haven't received them and tried them on, but one of the features requested was that the instep be lowered so to better accommodate my feet. We'll soon know if it works, but you can probably check with Gaurav if that's a possibility for you.

evangel21

Reaction score

any advice?

I am a 6.5 for 74945 and take a 6 for 804. Instep for both is fine for me.
Length wise about the same.

ThomasR

Reaction score
I have a pair of incoming MTO EB wholecuts I ordered through Mehra. I still haven't received them and tried them on, but one of the features requested was that the instep be lowered so to better accommodate my feet. We'll soon know if it works, but you can probably check with Gaurav if that's a possibility for you.
I’m going through Skoak for my MTO, lowering the instep is possible for derbies with lasting laces open, but thats not an option for oxfords and my MTO will be oxford/balmoral boots. It’s possible to reduce the instep volume with puffed insole or fur lining, I have some balmoral boots coming on 79745 with a puffed insole.
It’s also possible to make a custom last to reduce the instep, might go this way at some point.

Peitron

Reaction score
I’m going through Skoak for my MTO, lowering the instep is possible for derbies with lasting laces open, but thats not an option for oxfords and my MTO will be oxford/balmoral boots. It’s possible to reduce the instep volume with puffed insole or fur lining, I have some balmoral boots coming on 79745 with a puffed insole.
It’s also possible to make a custom last to reduce the instep, might go this way at some point.

Yes, I'm supposed to be getting puffed insoles as well. We'll see if that helps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads