• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ce6fdfa3.jpg

338f8cbe.jpg

64b710df.jpg

e6fd90d6.jpg

761bebb0.jpg

325093cc.jpg

a92c1a31.jpg

d14c75ac.jpg

e5275c44.jpg

3cf40b80.jpg

0b7ee26f.jpg

734e2f44.jpg

7c9300d9.jpg

0dc95d8c.jpg

cd2a7057.jpg

e79a96c2.jpg

f2933bd9.jpg

0ac96557.jpg

45b29b50.jpg

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone here handled the landsdown in indigo denim? the color's pretty much perfect but i'm wary of the "denim blazer" vibe and would like to hear thoughts on the material.

Knight

Reaction score
has anyone here handled the landsdown in indigo denim? the color's pretty much perfect but i'm wary of the "denim blazer" vibe and would like to hear thoughts on the material.

i have this jacket, amazing material, incredibly light, incredibly soft, doesn't feel like a denim jacket, nor look like one either. I got the matching trouser too [Fenway] both look amazing together or with other garments. Hope this helps. Good luck.

TWorksheets

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Just thought I'd cross post this from the WAYWT thread. This season's Dayton shirt and Fatigue shorts. Both awesome pieces that are pushing me towards wanting to wear all EG, all the time.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,
Just thought I'd cross post this from the WAYWT thread. This season's Dayton shirt and Fatigue shorts. Both awesome pieces that are pushing me towards wanting to wear all EG, all the time.

really nice. the dayton looks more substantial there, if that makes any sense. i kind of want to get one and wear it almost like a visvim llahmo, just something to throw over everything.

anyway, nice fit, begs for better shoes tho.

botfc

Reaction score
Weird shop. Kind of like the bizarro world of retail, where you can only get an item, if you really really want it. Had to leave them 2 messages and a few emails before they even got back to me. Once the transaction went through, I was billed twice. Emailed them a few times about it too, but no answer. A few weeks later, looking at my CC statement, I saw that they had finally refunded me. Don't think they really care.

yup, also sent a couple of emails few months back wanting to order from them and they never gave me a reply. **** that.

badeggcat

Reaction score
The dayton shirt is my favourite piece from this season. If only there was a non-jp stockist for the chambray one in XS.

the_state

Reaction score
Are any online-esque stockings carrying pants in the grey tropical wool this season? Style isn't important - just want something in that fabric.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys,

I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.

S-NMBR

Reaction score
I've seen this posted multiple places on SW&D now and for the life of me, despite owning EG stuff myself, I don't understand what about this fit warrants the premium the pieces featured command. It looks like expensive casual wear to me--cut is generous with no details that really make the items worth their price point.

It's not easy to answer this opinion you have posted about the price.

My English is not the best, but I try to give my point of view.

As I work in fashion Industry, I think that not only details or the cut that make the value of EG items.
In my 25 yrs experience in fashion industry as designer I have to say that beside the final price of an item there's much more than the the fabric or workmanship.
There's the quality of the brand, and the market position on him, the're's the experience and the story of the designer, theres is also the costs to acquire, store, manage and study over the archives, the items for research, the trip to be inspired and so on.
You don't pay only a product, but what the product represent in his whole manufacturing: from the designer idea, to the last passage from the shop to you hand.

What I can say about EG garments is that the fabrics are very higher in quality, take for example the reverse satin of your trouser (that I have too) this heavy duty sateen is very difficult to find in the market, it may last a whole life, the grade of the cotton is superior.
Or the lining that EG use inside their jacket and trousers: it is made in a special type of cotton, it seems a normal twill but is not.

The stitching: this detail is the real value of the EG garments. Look the stitches in the corner of your fatigue short and see how the yarn design the "corner".

Construction of the garments are also very expensive: check the numbers and the position of bartacks in some styles (like the Cruiser jacket) each one need a special operation and of course this is translated in costs.
But theres' so many other detail we can talk about.

Also I say about the value of the brand.
It's clear that never like those last years EG is growing in the best shop of the worlds and also this value going to make the items expensive, because the lark up of the shops are not so low, and I agree with them cause the costs in managing a shop are very very higher.

So, in my personal opinion, yes, you right to say that some pieces of the collection are higher priced, for example some shirts... or shorts (maybe) but there are some other items that worth more than their price, compared to some other brand that make production in far east and cost exactly the same (or more) of EG.... that is New York made.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads