• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hey if anyone knows where else the cropped foulard pants are available besides that japanese site (which seems like it's preorder only), please let me know! thanks! 

Emailed Nepenthes about that. They are custom made for that store so they will not be available elsewhere. The Foulard cinch pant will be available at SF Market (Korea), The Bureau, and Inventory.

Shingles

Reaction score

The ones i know of are Navy cotton riptop, olive cotton ripstop, navy tiki printed cotton jacquard (I believe Gary is selling that one -- my favourite of the bunch), there's also a charcoal and black plaid one which looks amazing, and a navy green floral printed canvas, might be a orange and brown floral printed canvas as well... Below are pics of the latter 3. There's bound to be more versions of the Bedford available...
Thanks buddy. What fabric is the charcoal and black plaid Bedford in? Do you know of any more up close photos? Printed canvas is that duck canvas? Sounds interesting, would like to know more about the feel of that fabric too. I want a Bedford that's a bit stiff, like heavy whipcord, as opposed to for example broken twill. Perhaps I will have to wait till fall. Has anyone handled the cotton ripstop yet? How's the thickness of it? Is it on the thicker and stiffer side, or thin and loose/movable?

Last edited:

45bur

Reaction score
Thanks buddy.
What fabric is the charcoal and black plaid Bedford in? Do you know of any more up close photos?
Printed canvas is that duck canvas? Sounds interesting, would like to know more about the feel of that fabric too. I want a Bedford that's a bit stiff, like heavy whipcord, as opposed to for example broken twill. Perhaps I will have to wait till fall.

Has anyone handled the cotton ripstop yet? How's the thickness of it? Is it on the thicker and stiffer side, or thin and loose/movable?
Got a pair of the fatigues, in khaki cotton ripstop. It's definitely a ss material, on the thin/movable side. So it might not be what you're looking for. Pretty sweet though.

El QUaG

Reaction score
@45burHow is sizing on the Fatigues? You size down from previous seasons/years? Any dimensions would be awesome!

I tried on the Fatigue Shorts in Medium and they were huge! Measured 18.25" when laid flat!!! Waist string/rope completely loose mind you... But still!

Last edited:

45bur

Reaction score
@45bur How is sizing on the Fatigues? You size down from previous seasons/years? Any dimensions would be awesome!

I tried on the Fatigue Shorts in Medium and they were huge! Measured 18.25" when laid flat!!! Waist string/rope completely loose mind you... But still!
I'll get some measurements later, just at work currently! I will say that I am normally a 30 in EG bottoms, generally, including the fatigues from this past FW. I just purchased a pair of the ripstop fatigues in khaki as well as the fatigue shorts in navy from Indigo and Cotton.

Both of these pieces fit large! I went by the I&C site measurements and ordered extra small (28) in both. They fit perfectly! Not even close to being borderline too tight. For the pants, the inseam is about 30, which is perfect for me, as I'm only 5 foot 7. I would trust the Indigo and Cotton measurements, in my experience they do a great job making sure they are accurate.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want a Bedford that's a bit stiff, like heavy whipcord, as opposed to for example broken twill. Perhaps I will have to wait till fall.

ime, aint no stiffer than duck canvas
heavy melton wool is also a bit stiff but has a smoother hand and extra warmth

Knight

Reaction score
Anytime mate :) the black and charcoal grey Bedford is in a cotton houndstooth but I sadly haven't dealt with this nor do I have any detail pics. You're best bet is Gary or Nepenthes themselves.

As for the canvas I don't think it will be a duck canvas, more like a lightweight canvas -- which makes that Bedford look like a wearable painting -- to me sounds quite amazing.

If you're after a Bedford from this SS collection that can handle early autumn -- with a stiffer fabric, you're best bet is the ripstop otherwise go for the fall/winter Bedford range :)

Thanks buddy.
What fabric is the charcoal and black plaid Bedford in? Do you know of any more up close photos?
Printed canvas is that duck canvas? Sounds interesting, would like to know more about the feel of that fabric too. I want a Bedford that's a bit stiff, like heavy whipcord, as opposed to for example broken twill. Perhaps I will have to wait till fall.

Has anyone handled the cotton ripstop yet? How's the thickness of it? Is it on the thicker and stiffer side, or thin and loose/movable?

Reaction score
Engineered Garments

'Over Parka Navy Cotton Weather Poplin'

Requested other sizing info from Nepenthes & for the shops that have it for sale.

$500.

Wesley Scott

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased the fatigue shorts from this season yet? I never wear shorts really, but I have also never owned a pair I liked, are the fatigue shorts worth it this season?

Dino19

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the hood on the Short Coverall Jacket is detachable or not? The jacket don't seem to have a collar ie. it's V neck. Am I right?

Dayton chambray looks
bounce2.gif

El QUaG

Reaction score

Has anyone purchased the fatigue shorts from this season yet? I never wear shorts really, but I have also never owned a pair I liked, are the fatigue shorts worth it this season?

Ordered, arrived, tried on, then mailed back for refund. Lesson learned: best to size down this season.

I'm a 33.5" hips (not waist) and medium was far too wide and even with the adjustable waist rope tightened through, the length left it sitting below the knees (rather than above).

I tried on the Flat Twill Cotton, the fabric is nice and light and colour vibrant (brighter when compared to SS13 Reversed Sateen Navy Fatigue Shorts).

The zip up stash pocket is a great addition. The removal of the button side adjusters would not be missed if only the sizing was on point.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vans for ss14

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know if this will be a Nepenthes only exclusive or heard anything about a price point?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esmurphy9405