• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score

Have anyone gotten this seasons fatigues? I see that the bureau has the waist on a S measured at 33", but i was wondering how much you can tighten the drawstring (i am guessing 33" is with string open) . I have a 31" waist and i am unsure if this will be to small.

Me too, brother- All of my EG pants are size 30. I'm a 30-31" tops waist and currently attempting to put on a little bit of weight, so let's say closer to a 31 these days for the sake of discussion. I just tried on this season's Fatigues in Olive Ripstop in small and had to size down to xsmall in order to avoid using the waist drawstring to compensate. I was swimming in the small. As a 5'7" guy, the inseam was just fine for me in both sizes without rolling the legs.

Gary just got off the line with Nepenthes in an attempt to secure some more of the smaller sizes to no avail. There likely won't be a recut on these either... Sorry guys. As it stands, we only have one xsmall and we aren't counting on any more popping up for us to nab.

VCircuit

Reaction score
How loose is the Dayton? I'm always on the border with EG sizing (S in the CPO and Miner, M in most jackets and the Work Shirt). P2P/S2S measurements never seem to help because the cuts are so different.

northerner

Reaction score

Me too, brother- All of my EG pants are size 30. I'm a 30-31" tops waist and currently attempting to put on a little bit of weight, so let's say closer to a 31 these days for the sake of discussion. I just tried on this season's Fatigues in Olive Ripstop in small and had to size down to xsmall in order to avoid using the waist drawstring to compensate. I was swimming in the small. As a 5'7" guy, the inseam was just fine for me in both sizes without rolling the legs.

I was afraid of this. I am 6,2", so the shorter inseam might be a problem on top of the waist measurement. Might have to pass on the fatigues, which is a bummer because i was looking forward to their release.

TWorksheets

Reaction score

How loose is the Dayton? I'm always on the border with EG sizing (S in the CPO and Miner, M in most jackets and the Work Shirt). P2P/S2S measurements never seem to help because the cuts are so different.

Looser fit imo. Runs on the short side because of the square hem. I take a Medium in all EG shirting I've tried (19th c. BD, Tab collar, Miner, Round collar) and I own one from last S/S in a Medium. Shoulders and armholes are on the snug side but the body is nice and loose

I've posted a few fits wearing it but I can't find them right now '-_-

JilSlander

Reaction score
the black and charcoal grey Bedford is in a cotton houndstooth but I sadly haven't dealt with this nor do I have any detail pics. You're best bet is Gary or Nepenthes themselves.

Looks like it may be this fabric (via the Nepenthes Hakata JP site):

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone (Gary, timbo?) know if the cinch pant will be available in navy w/ polka dots? or any full-length pant in that fabric?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The only Polka Dot fabric in a pant is a Black Cotton Printed Polka Dot available in Tux Pant. You will only find the Navy Cotton Polka Dot in Ghurka Short, Baker Jacket, Bow Tie, Neck Tie.

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are the MAN gary!

New dumb questions:

Anyone handled the Mil Short? Looks awesome but pricy! Any idea what fabrics it is available in o who might have picked it up?

Secondly, I need to test the historical knowledge of the forum---was there a pant that matched the SS12 Polka dotted andover? I know there was a ghurka short and would like to complete the short suit at some point, but I really need the pant more..

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only cinch back pant in polka dot that I can recall is the recent light grey flannel,

other than cinch I recall the black reversible pant that has the white polka dot on the poly side

Then theres the oslo pant,

An the new tux pant,

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

You are the MAN gary!

New dumb questions:

Anyone handled the Mil Short? Looks awesome but pricy! Any idea what fabrics it is available in o who might have picked it up?

Secondly, I need to test the historical knowledge of the forum---was there a pant that matched the SS12 Polka dotted andover? I know there was a ghurka short and would like to complete the short suit at some point, but I really need the pant more..

Mill Short

S4E1175 / Blue Cotton Chambray
S4E1182 / Grey / White Poly Cotton Seersucker Stripe
S4E11118 / Olive Cotton Pima Cotton

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Short Parka - PC Poplin ..

Anyone feeling the love on this or too short ?
Big fan of the Parka , but just wish this had been 2" longer ..
At 6'2" , not sure I can get away with this ..
thoughts ..

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

whelp, looks like I'm on the hunt for those polka dot ghurka shorts, and a full eg summer suit, then.

foulard suit could be your silver lining

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahh of course, I should sell the andover and buy a foulard suit and navy cinch pants as well. Capital idea!

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mohawkgeneralstore.com/catalog/mohawk-man/mohawk-man-sale/mens-sale-60/engineered-garments-field-parka-in-navy-wool-serge.html

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads