• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which is funny, because I've never seen a size XL EG piece on Context hit sale. So, not sure how that makes sense - but... oh well.

They're not the only place that don't stock XL. It's weird, XL seems to sell out quicker than Large at most places, and there's always a wide choice of S/M in the sales.

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anyone seen pictures of this season's bedfords in wool/tweeds?

Your best option is to contact us immedietly to see if we can acquire some XS on special order. It's true, we don't carry XS for many of the same reasons hardly anyone else does. Actually, I don't think anyone has even inquired before now.

lgeicher

Reaction score
XL's seem to hardly ever make it to "sales" at most of the stockists. Every season any size 38 pants and any XXL tops disappear almost instantly ( I only know of TBB, JackStraw and occasionally Canvas that even carry them). TBB had this season's olive outback canvas fatigues in 38 for several hours. Us larger guys need some love as well!

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We always offer XS and XL. We also have those sizes available "ON SALE' as part of our Summer Sale. Ask us for an additional 10% off and we'll probably say OHKAY. The link to our sale items is in the SS15 thread.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does any one know of any stockists of the tropical wool balloon pants?

Court

Reaction score

XL's seem to hardly ever make it to "sales" at most of the stockists. Every season any size 38 pants and any XXL tops disappear almost instantly ( I only know of TBB, JackStraw and occasionally Canvas that even carry them). TBB had this season's olive outback canvas fatigues in 38 for several hours. Us larger guys need some love as well!

If you are looking for the olive outback canvas fatigues in the 38 I will be returning them to TBB next week as they were too short for me.you could give them a bell and ask them to keep them for you

blue peter

Reaction score
Mohawk announced the receipt of their first EG delivery - however, nothing has appeared online, yet.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anybody picked up the flannel popover long shirt yet?
How's the fit compared to the SS linen/handkerchief long shirts? And are they thick/warm/soft enough for 40f fall days as a single layer?

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
Heads up - we've received our two pants for the season:

F5F09102 / USN Pant in Navy Uniform Serge 28, 32 > 36 $385

F5F0992 / USN Pant in Olive Cotton Herringbone 28 > 36 $240

(Pics to come)

(617) 547-2067, [email protected], [email protected], or just PM @Drinkwaters or myself on here. We're expecting the Bedford in Navy Uniform Serge as well this season, so if you want to try out an interesting EG take on a suit, don't sleep on the pants.

Thanks guys!

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, just received the black moleskin bedford in XL, and it's too tight. Seems noticeably tighter than my F/W '13 in XL. Last year, I was able to get a bedford in XXL and it felt a little too big, so I thought the XL would work out. I'll actually be in NYC at the end of Oct. I'm going to try and get over to Nepenthes and find a legitimate way to use my store credit.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ugh, just received the black moleskin bedford in XL, and it's too tight. Seems noticeably tighter than my F/W '13 in XL. Last year, I was able to get a bedford in XXL and it felt a little too big, so I thought the XL would work out. I'll actually be in NYC at the end of Oct. I'm going to try and get over to Nepenthes and find a legitimate way to use my store credit.

I'm tempted by a moleskin Bedford (once I decide on colour!). Are they much snugger than previous tweed/cotton/wool ones?

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm tempted by a moleskin Bedford (once I decide on colour!). Are they much snugger than previous tweed/cotton/wool ones?

You know last night, I tried on both XLs that I currently have, the cotton moleskin and a gray wool from F/W '13. They do both fit pretty similarly. They're both a bit tight, so the moleskin is going back but the gray wool I'll just continue to wear unbuttoned. The fabric on the gray wool is out of this world and I'd have to put on some serious weight to ever consider getting rid of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads