• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

p2p is normally approximately 53 cm. I am M in Junya Watanabe and 50 in Rick Owens.

I'd have thought a medium would suit. The Bureau Belfast has pretty accurate measurements and carries the widest range of EG for checking.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So after a bit of patience and trust I can safely vouch for www.thecorridorstore.com Theyre brand new and not the easiest to communicate with but they took care of me and I'm happy.
Had to send my hb Ghurkas back for a smaller size and they paid shipping both ways which was nice.

But now my question is, how do I tailor these? Just right to the top of the shoe? I'm guessing you wouldn't want to roll these up. My pic has them tucked under. There's about 4" of play.

Any suggestions helpful as I'm bringing them to the tailor soon.

Thanks.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alexander, since you are here - how did you size your Beford Jacket? I really liked your fit pic in waywt. Wanna make sure that my fit won't be something like this:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with a medium and I like the fit a lot. Roomy but not billowy. Had to have the sleeves shortened from the shoulder which was a chunk of change ($90, but cost me $70 due to miscommunication about the sleeve lining).

Just for kicks I tried on a small from last season (I realize seasons change but still) at Drinkwater's last week just to see if I would have been happier. It definitely would have resembled the above fit. I could button it but it definitely wasn't flattering. Happy I went with a med.

Good luck.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alexander, i just gave mine a couple of rolls and like them like that, but theyre olive twill, i guess the hb fabric is bulkier. not sure i would go to top of the shoe though, i think some kind of cuff looks nice with EG

mbaum

Reaction score
On that pic, here is my Ghurka experiment, part II.

Verdict: Screw the ghurka, not a good fit for me.
  • Sizing up to a 36 was way to big. I literally swam in it with an enormous top bloc that was completely out of proportion on me
  • 34 is too tight for my liking. While the thigh right at the seam is generally manageable (12" at least on a 34, 13" on a 36), the taper is so aggressive that it stops working from last third of thigh on down - Bummer
  • The brown homespun fabric might contribute to the effect as it is very substantial (Way more so compared to the brown HB pants I got)
  • FYI, in pics below, my left leg (To the right in the pic) shows about 1" cuffed to the insight, other leg shows true inseam

Welcome me on the band wagon of complaining about too tight EG pants
musicboohoo[1].gif
. One more series left in the experiment: On to the Truman (Thigh might be ok, taper scares me again).

P.S. Alex, I think the Ghurka looks best with no roll or simply one roll as in the TBB pic, given the taper and given the heavy fabric.

Mike

SirMeowly

Reaction score
I think those Truman pants look really good on you @mbaum . Maybe it's just because I have chicken legs, but I love how slim the pants are now.

nagoya

Reaction score
Does anyone know the weight of the denim in the Work Shirt-Denim Shirting-Indigo? Thanks!

Last edited:

houkah

Reaction score
If anyone's interested in the FW14 fatigue pants in olive Steven Alan has them 20% off until 10/10 with code oct20. Looks to be all sizes from 30 - 36.

nickp

Reaction score
Doesn't look like this applies to the Bedford or B2B jacket - two I've been looking at the whole season. Shame! :(

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Civil_style