• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 14

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - they look a decent fit to me.

If anyone comes across Truman's in brown homespun in a 36" (or last year's grey wool herringbone pants in an XL) please PM me - I fancy a winter suit.

I got lucky with Bodega's sale and picked up the black/grey check fatigue pants in XL to match my summer Bedford :) I think they've still got them in M.

mbaum

Reaction score
I'm going to argue and say these look really good.

Also, I wore that shirt today, too.

I'm with everybody else... I really like that slim fit in the pictures.

Mike - they look a decent fit to me.

What? What?

Are you all crazy? @penanceroyaltea , @Knight , @Cotton Dockers , @Shingles , @canstyleace , I need a voice of reason: Die Hosen are too tight, right?

Tried them on with the orange/ brown shawl collar knit as I like the two fabrics together. Maybe I take a pic with it in a more complete/ layered fit ...

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? What?

Are you all crazy? @penanceroyaltea , @Knight , @Cotton Dockers , @Shingles , @canstyleace , I need a voice of reason: Die Hosen are too tight, right?

Tried them on with the orange/ brown shawl collar knit as I like the two fabrics together. Maybe I take a pic with it in a more complete/ layered fit ...

The picture from the side looks a tad slim, but straight ahead it looks fine. Could just be the pics, but obviously if you aren't comfortable you should ditch them.

You already sent the 36 ghurkhas back to NNY, right? I was too late on those and they seem to be sold out everywhere.

Shingles

Reaction score
Ha ha. I stand behind the others. Nothing wrong at all, fit is great. Maybe you're just not used to it, though I don't think they look that much slimmer than what you usually wear. (I could be wrong)

Last edited:

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Does anyone know the weight of the denim in the Work Shirt-Denim Shirting-Indigo? Thanks!
There is no listing of weight on the line sheet but I would say it's a bit heavier than the Chambray. We do have that shirt available.

lgeicher

Reaction score

What? What?

Are you all crazy?   @penanceroyaltea
, @Knight
, @Cotton Dockers
, @Shingles
, @canstyleace
, I need a voice of reason: Die Hosen are too tight, right? 

In an attempt to be a voice of reason...everyone else is right! (lol). The fit looks pretty flawless, perhaps they fall just outside your comfort zone. Judging from the pics. alone, I think you should take the chance that the fit will grow on you.

TWorksheets

Reaction score
Objectively: fit is fine. Doesn't look like they are pulling anywhere

Subjectively: cut is too slim. Something about the softness of the fabric and the slimness just does not work for me. Just my opinion, but I've yet to see the ghurkas look good on anyone with a booty (read: anyone other than Japanese web store models)

piluchavez

Reaction score
Just got the olive poplin E1 pants from Forward and I couldn't be happier. I was on the fence about them too since the Shooting Pants showed up in khaki on Need Supply. Only Silver and Gold has had both colors but I was too lazy to proxy.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, if just for a minute you could forget that its you in the pic and just look at the pic as if it were somebody else would you not thumb that pic? I know I would to me it looks clean, yeah it might feel a bit slim but still looks proportional to your frame I really like the whole fit, color tones look good on you, just mho though in fact, this fit and the last waywt pic you posted with the nny olive homespun are probably my favorites from you

Last edited:

nagoya

Reaction score
Thank you Drinkwaters for the info on the Denim Shirt. I will check it out but that means a trek into Tokyo for me.

Last edited:

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@mbaum the pic from the front looks good, but it does seem a bit too slim from the side though. i believe that if you don't feel comfortable in it you probably should return.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got the olive poplin E1 pants from Forward and I couldn't be happier. I was on the fence about them too since the Shooting Pants showed up in khaki on Need Supply. Only Silver and Gold has had both colors but I was too lazy to proxy.

Silver and Gold will ship to the US (assuming you're in the US). Had a flawless transaction with them last month. Nice folks and they speak English pretty darn well.

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
forgot to say that I think there's a big difference between not feeling comfortable and not being used to it
I remember the first time I tried apc raw denim, I was like **** this man its too slim, now they feel perfect
similar thing with eg fatigues, sold first 2 I bought because I couldn't get over how baggy they felt, not no more

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigie36