• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MonsieurLock

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to find the reversible bal coat in black/black in size small? I can only find medium and large!

El QUaG

Reaction score
Expert styling from New Order Magazine featuring familiar faces...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I was up in NYC and only got the chance to visit Nepenthes NYC and love the store and service was awesome, guys were really nice and helpful. I was pressed for time though so didn't get a chance to try everything I was eying this season (not too mention they were sold out of a lot of the smaller sizes I needed). I ended up returning the shawl knit and picking up the Charcoal Windowpane LDT coat and Burgundy Workaday Thermal Lined Hoodie instead. Wanted so many other things, but had already spent a good deal for the NYC weekend so had to hold back. Will post up some fits when I can for anyone who is interested.

Has anyone picked up the windowpane LDT jacket yet? It doesn't seem like many US stockists picked it up.

Not sure if you noticed yet, but a member posted pics a few posts up from yours. I think a fair bit of US stockists picked it up if you check around (Odin, Context, Gentry, Nepenthes NYC off top of my head). Also, I just picked it up this weekend in the charcoal colorway, I really like this one. Fits true to your typical size in tops/coats in my opinion. I take a small in just about everything and took the small in this one for a nice fit and also a bit of room for layering too.

Has anyone tried on the cinch back pants this year? From the measurements on The Bureau's page they look really slim.

Others reported on their experience and I tried them on in person this weekend and I have to say as someone who has enjoyed EG for a number of years, but has a slimmer build and preference for slimmer fits, this is the first season I love the fit. They are definitely slimmer than past seasons, but not skinny by any means unless you are a bigger build and need more of a straigh/fuller cut. I am generally a 31-32 (EU 48) in slim fit pants and the size 32 cinch back pants fit me perfectly.

anyone know the name and/or where to get the coat in the second picture under the navy/black salmon people shawl? looks amazing

That is the black sweater knit version of the shawl I posted here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/348264/engineered-garments-fall-winter-2013/1050_30#post_6683007

I know Nepenthes NYC stocked it, but had very limited stock left so you can always try calling them. The only other place I know of closer to stateside was Haven Shop: http://shop.havenshop.ca/collection...roducts/shawl-collar-knit-jacket-sweater-knit

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So since I didn't get a chance to stop at too many places in NYC to check out the EG goods, can anyone tell me if any of the NYC Bloomingdale's locations are carrying EG this season before I start calling all of them (Manhattan?). Also, if anyone has been in there to check out the goods, would you be able to give an idea of what they were carrying in terms of pants/tops?

I haven't purchased EG from NYC bloomies in a few years so wasn't sure if they were still carrying, plus if I at least had an idea of what they might be carrying that would help the phone call and save me from having to explain details with the customer service person (which were always helpful with me in the past, but damn it took a lot of time).

Much appreciated!

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First ever visit to Nepenthes on Saturday. Really beautiful shop, friendly staff. I saw Daiki in the wild (wearing green fatigues and birks of course). Grabbed their last copy of new order. Really great editorial and interview in there. Looks like the pics Quag posted aren't working. If you haven't seen the editorial I suggest you guys look it up. Looks great.

Has anyone seen this vest

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/1088/black-sweater-knit-over-vest

in this fabric

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/1059/grey-sweater-knitquilted-lining-bucket-hat

I'm assuming it exists because there are duplicate items in these two fabrics elsewhere in the collection. Am I crazy?

Pretty sure I saw it at Nepenthes.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First ever visit to Nepenthes on Saturday. Really beautiful shop, friendly staff. I saw Daiki in the wild (wearing green fatigues and birks of course). Grabbed their last copy of new order. Really great editorial and interview in there. Looks like the pics Quag posted aren't working. If you haven't seen the editorial I suggest you guys look it up. Looks great.
Pretty sure I saw it at Nepenthes.

You weren't the gentlemen trying on all the coats and that I kept sharing the mirror with on the main floor were you (wearing glasses)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads