• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

diokanye

Reaction score
On the Saks site, is this an Augusto?

Jesus, who is their stylist?
facepalm.gif

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On the Saks site, is this an Augusto?

Kind of. Its a distorted first generation one. They were never meant to be darted in the back and the factory that produces them (our outerwear factory) made the two button version (bought only by Barneys and Saks for one season) with that crazy button stance, so that it looks like the middle one is missing. Adding the middle button is an easy fix for any tailor with access to a buttonhole machine (this is what we did to the entirely of Barney's order of them). All that said, the fabric on this one is one of my favorite fabrics of all time. Its a double face indigo dyed knit (hopsack like pique on the front, smooth jersey on the back). Gentry had the same one as a 3 button and I bought that one. You can see it here:

I just removed the back darts with a seam ripper then put it in the washing machine to take the shape of the darts out.

It should be noted that the silhouette defects have been fixed and it is now probably my favorite model we offer.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I've tried searching around for the answer in the forum but couldn't find anything so sorry if this was already discussed but what are the main differences in the Sam trousers?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Now I've tried searching around for the answer in the forum but couldn't find anything so sorry if this was already discussed but what are the main differences in the Sam trousers?

between Sam and Sal? Sam is the washed (and often garment dyed) version of the Sal. The Sams may be a tad smaller than the Sal because of the wash process but this batch worked out pretty well. Simply put, the Sam is a casual, washed cotton chino that sits at your natural waist and has side tabs instead of belt loops.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

between Sam and Sal? Sam is the washed (and often garment dyed) version of the Sal. The Sams may be a tad smaller than the Sal because of the wash process but this batch worked out pretty well. Simply put, the Sam is a casual, washed cotton chino that sits at your natural waist and has side tabs instead of belt loops.

Thanks Antonio, just purchased the cotton chocolate whipcords from NMWA. Excited to wear them a bit more casually and mix them up with some tailored clothing as well.

forsan

Reaction score
Spent the last week on vacation in the Southwest, so had to break out the Dickie shirt for the first time before heading back to the cold and rainy PNW.

MrNestor

Reaction score
I have a sizing question for the Thompson belted cardigan.
I'm 188 cm tall and very slim (read no muscles), which size should I go for?

And a follow up, where might I find that size you would recommend, Marcus Malmborg only has XL and bigger.

Thanks in advance!

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I have a sizing question for the Thompson belted cardigan.
I'm 188 cm tall and very slim (read no muscles),  which size should I go for?

And a follow up, where might I find that size you would recommend, Marcus Malmborg only has XL and bigger.

Thanks in advance!

Bloomingdales ecomm has all sizes left. Get it here. I would say size M as it runs fairly slim.

Last edited:

ferdsje

Reaction score

The augusto in action today on Q (see how luxurious the eidos offices are...)

This was one of my favorite swatches this season (its available at SAKS in Raleigh and Tyson's now, soon online). It's an exclusive I developed with Di Pray - midnight flannel oversized glen plaid in charcoal with a chocolate deco.

It's this jacket going to be available online? Can't see it on sala webpage, and I'm looking for a ecom retailer (better eur) for the Augusto model, which I really like for a causal style

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

It's this jacket going to be available online? Can't see it on sala webpage, and I'm looking for a ecom retailer (better eur) for the Augusto model, which I really like for a causal style

It is going to be on Saks.com but its available in store now and they will ship internationally if you call with CC info. If you want, you can call Dustin Byrd (Saks Raleigh) at 336-409-6519 and he'll help you out. I just spoke with him and he'd be happy to help.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads