• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Yeah, I very nearly put the order in on Marcus' site, but hesitated as I'm a difficult fit for trousers and it's quite likely I'd need to order two sizes and return one pair (and then be $40 down on restocking fee).

Now they're already gone in 50 and 52, so just wondering if anyone had them in the UK.

Trunk is our only UK vendor and they do have stock this season, its just not up yet. That said, Marcus is the only store that buys the Lorenzo model (I believe NMWA had it for pre order but didnt buy regular stock).

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you goes out to the crew that came through Unionmade last night and made Q and I feel at home. We are so proud to be sold in that store and properly represented in San Fran. If you couldn't make it out, hopefully we'll catch you next season.

In other news, Eidos drop 2 of 3 hit Mr. Porter yesterday. The standouts to me are the overdyed Italian military tweed buttonless, belted ulster coat and the throat latch band collar knit shirt made from Japanese Ai indigo yarn dyed jersey. Special silhouettes in unique textiles that won't be repeated.

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you goes out to the crew that came through Unionmade last night and made Q and I feel at home. We are so proud to be sold in that store and properly represented in San Fran. If you couldn't make it out, hopefully we'll catch you next season.

In other news, Eidos drop 2 of 3 hit Mr. Porter yesterday. The standouts to me are the overdyed Italian military tweed buttonless, belted ulster coat and the throat latch band collar knit shirt made from Japanese Ai indigo yarn dyed jersey. Special silhouettes in unique textiles that won't be repeated.

Link for those as lazy as me.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Well, now that brings up the age-old question: how many ulsters is too many ulsters?

I wouldn't even really consider this an Ulster as the overall silhouette feels a lot different on. I designed it a full size large, with the idea that when you wrap and belt it you get a really striking yet soft, casual silhouette. An Ulster feels like a dressy coat to me and this is really not that. It obviously could be worn with tailoring but I'm planning on wearing mine with oversized, chunky knitwear and beat up denim.

Last edited:

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't even really consider this an Ulster as the overall silhouette feels a lot different on. I designed it a full size large, with the idea that when you wrap and belt it you get a really striking yet soft, casual silhouette. An Ulster feels like a dressy coat to me and this is really not that. It obviously could be worn with tailoring but I'm planning on wearing mine with oversized, chunky knitwear and beat up denim.

Antonio, should I take my usual Eidos size for Carlo belted ie same Hunting/Field jackets?

Last edited:

Ennius

Reaction score
Anyway I can do a MTM or MTO order for the field jacket? NMWA has a great donegal navy one but I just own too many navy jackets.....

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Antonio, should I take my usual Eidos size for Carlo belted ie same Hunting/Field jackets?

Depends on how you want it to fit. As I said, it is deliberately oversized so if you want it to fit like a normal overcoat, then I would size down.

Anyway I can do a MTM or MTO order for the field jacket? NMWA has a great donegal navy one but I just own too many navy jackets.....

Unfortunately no but may I suggest this?

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For the many of you that have asked, a full size run of the Matera is now live on barneys.com so if you missed your size at Martin Patrick, Gentry or Unionmade, Barney's should have you covered.

Further, most of our stockists that have ecomm now have some - if not all - of their product live on their sites. I've updated the "Stockists" page on our site with hyperlinks to all stores that offer our product online. Clicking the link will take you directly to our entire offering on each site so you don't have to search around.

Last edited:

emiristol

Reaction score

For the many of you that have asked, a full size run of the Matera is now live on barneys.com so if you missed your size at Martin Patrick, Gentry or Unionmade, Barney's should have you covered.

Further, most of our stockists that have ecomm now have some - if not all - of their product live on their sites. I've updated the "Stockists" page on our site with hyperlinks to all stores that offer our product online. Clicking the link will take you directly to our entire offering on each site so you don't have to search around.

this is great, antonio, really appreciate it --- having to open up 50 tabs and google each stockist was not fun.

also, do you know what number sizes the letter sizes on the matera page correspond to? i'm guessing S is a 46?

Ennius

Reaction score
Depends on how you want it to fit. As I said, it is deliberately oversized so if you want it to fit like a normal overcoat, then I would size down.
Unfortunately no but may I suggest this?
Antonio,

Thanks for the kind suggestion. It looks like the L/42 size is already gone on that version.

When will you next be in NYC for a trunk show? I am assuming I can get a MTO/MTM as such event.....

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Antonio,

Thanks for the kind suggestion.  It looks like the L/42 size is already gone on that version.

When will you next be in NYC for a trunk show?  I am assuming I can get a MTO/MTM as such event.....

Sorry but we don't do MTM/MTO in the US at this time and don't offer mtm/mto on sport outerwear.

That said, Bloomingdales.com has the fawn heather one up right now.

Re: Lupos, LS in the fall, SS in the spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads