• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm looking to purchase the Eidos ragosta field jacket from Malborg' ecom. Anyone knows how warm is it for winter? And also will be delicate due to it cashmere&wool blend?

The ragosta is an unlined field jacket so its obviously not as warm as somethin with a doen or poly fill. That said, the wool/cashmere cloth is hearty, not delicate at all. If you are looking for something really rugged I'd suggest the matera, which is essentially bullet proof.

Todd V

Reaction score
Is the ragosta on the same pattern as this year's field jackets at other retailers? The body length is shorter this year, correct?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same. We have a matching SB jacket coming as well (notch lapels, not peaked).

Edit: was in response to sebastian mcfox's question

Last edited:

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! I hope you got a version of the trousers as well...ilthat one of those things that you'll regret down the line if you don't. Just ask MossRocks about the brown trou he slept on...

Actually I did get those brown trousers and that's basically my only suit now.

Pic of my wife and I at a wedding on Saturday (at the Columbus zoo):

And yeah it's usually worth it to pick up the corresponding pants if they're available. These brown ones never get worn without the jacket but the fabric and color on the current season pants in question seems that you could break it up and they'd get lots of wear.

GheeButtersnaps

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Sam trousers- does anyone know if the unlined, whipcord nature of the pants makes them unsuitable for a cold, snowy winter?

I live in New England for reference.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm interested in the Sam trousers- does anyone know if the unlined, whipcord nature of the pants makes them unsuitable for a cold, snowy winter? 

I live in New England for reference. 

The cloth is a Japanese replica of a vintage US military whipcord - super rugged. We used the same cloth here and I wore these samples a ton last winter . They did not dissapoint.

Last edited:

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cloth is a Japanese replica of a vintage US military whipcord - super rugged. We used the same cloth here and I wore these samples a ton last winter . They did not dissapoint.
Are they less breathable than traditional cords?

Besides Summertime, could I wear the Sam's comfortably 2 seasons in Florida? Maybe 3?

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, so here are the Eidos Sal Trousers. These are the Size 50. I actually dropped the Size 48 off at the tailors yesterday, and now I am waffling. These fit well, and are more comfortable, but they are big in the top block. The pants sometimes get poofy around the crotch area. The Size 48 are slimmer, but they still fit without alterations (I may take the waist out a smidge). They are definitely tighter around the thigh and calf area.

How is the Sal pattern intended to fit?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads