• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

GheeButtersnaps

Reaction score
Can personally vouch for the Beige textured cashmere sweater seen on the Mr.Porter article.

I wore it for the first time today and it's beautiful. Soft, comfortable, and super warm.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey y'all I'm maybe considering selling my gun club sportcoat from last FW (from NMWA). Any 52's who may be interested PM me and if we can get a win win scenario on the price then, well, awesome. Haha.

P.S. ^japanese gambling pants look cool^
52r, right?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@NickPollica

Antonio, can you comment on the sizing of Nonno chinos below? Mr. Porter seems to have rather contradictory information here: while it says you should size down, the 32" waist model is wearing size 32 here

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/eidos/nonno-cotton-and-linen-blend-chinos/747172?ppv=2#

Depends on how you want your pants look. This is a relaxed chino. It is supposed to be full, a little bit loose, comfortable. I would not recommend sizing down. The waist is cut with a bit of room so you can alter down if you like a tight waist but I would recommend your actual size.

Last edited:

ferdsje

Reaction score
@NickPollica those pants looking great!! . Also, are any EU retailers carring the matera field jacket? Looks gorgeous

Last edited:

charliechan

Reaction score
Depends on how you want your pants look. This is a relaxed chino. It is supposed to be full, a little bit loose, comfortable. I would not recommend sizing down. The waist is cut with a bit of room so you can alter down if you like a tight waist but I would recommend your actual size.

Similar advice for the Ambro trousers?
MrPorter also recommends sizing down although their measurements seems to indicate it would be a tight fit

jpo

Reaction score

Just got notification that my Boucle Wool drawstring pants from Barneys just shipped. Can't wait. Picked up the 34s (same size as my spring/summer cotton/linen drawstrings) so fingers crossed they work out. For those who missed out, looks like the website still has availability in a few sizes: http://www.barneys.com/product/eidos-boucl-c3-a9-wool-drawstring-pants-504706717.html

If anyone snatched up the 32s and they don't work out, keep me in mind as I may be looking for that size if for some reason the 34s are too big.

Any advice on sizing for the drawstrings? Tts to waist size?

jpo

Reaction score

Dear @NickPollica, make this shirt again (pretty pretty please)!

Ditto +1 etc etc and all that.

veloaudio

Reaction score

Happy to report that the Matera is amazing. Incredible fabric and the perfect weight for west coast winters. It's 90 today so I was sweating just looking at it. Here's a craptastic photo. Sized down for a good fit over a shirt.
Looks good. I ordered a 50 (normal size) which should be here Monday.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@NickPollica and/or anyone in the know - will any store be stocking the following dark color of the Donegal Rollneck? I see that Meyvn and Mr. Porter have the light grey version, but this one speaks to me more... Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads