• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody here want the Arjak before I list it in the BS?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
took a look at the POW suit i got. it's also labeled primo, but whats weird is that its identical in fit to my tenero.

Doktor Corn

Reaction score
I just got the new "Matera" field jacket from MP3 and wow... the texture of the cotton is incredible. I feel stupid for asking this, but I'm afraid to take it out in the rain honestly; it has a hood, but will I ruin it? Would it be heretical to add storm cuffs when I shorten the sleeves? This 80 degree NY weather needs to end soon.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just got the new "Matera" field jacket from MP3 and wow... the texture of the cotton is incredible. I feel stupid for asking this, but I'm afraid to take it out in the rain honestly; it has a hood, but will I ruin it? Would it be heretical to add storm cuffs when I shorten the sleeves? This 80 degree NY weather needs to end soon.

Please, please, please, beat the **** out of that thing. Wear it in the rain, the snow, the shower.

The fabric is a midnight Japanese cotton sateen that is an exact replica of the American cotton sateen that M-65s were originally made out of. It is super compact and basically bulletproof.

Last edited:

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone tell if jackets with patch pockets can be shortened? Need to cut it 0.6 inches, which would leave 1.9 inches above the patch pockets. I always avoid shortening this kind of jackets, just to maintain the balance of the jacket.

Please don't do this. I've never seen it work out well.

Does anyone have experience letting out the seat in Eidos suit pants? How much allowance is there?

I have a NMWA suit and let out the seat. Not sure how to measure how much material was there before I let them out.

veloaudio

Reaction score

Please post some pictures.

Doktor Corn

Reaction score

Please, please, please, beat the **** out of that thing. Wear it in the rain, the snow, the shower.

The fabric is a midnight Japanese cotton sateen that is an exact replica of the American cotton sateen that M-65s were originally made out of. It is super compact and basically bulletproof.

Perfect! One more question: was it made in 36 at all? I sized up to 38 to accomodate for sweaters, but I have to wonder.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Please post some pictures.

I present the Matera vintage sateen field jacket.

- Hidden snaps at pockets and storm flap
- Vintage two way antique brass zipper with antique nickel pullers
- Oversized top/side entry cargo hip pockets
- Angled chest pockets with quilting at edges
- Rope dyed cotton waist cinch with leather pullers
- Hidden internal cellphone pocket
- Stowable hood in SELF fabric (I hate the lighter M-65 hood fabric)

Its hard to choose what outerwear style I like best this fall. The new raglan down parka is also epic.

- Japanese weather cloth at pockets, yoke, hood and cuffs.
- Exclusive Lanificio di Pray wool/silk boucle body
- Real mouton lined hood
- Goose down fill
- Lined in Canclini 100% linen flannel that has to be felt to believed
- Same zipper detail as Matera

Last edited:

IJReilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I present the Matera vintage sateen field jacket.

- Hidden snaps at pockets and storm flap
- Vintage two way antique brass zipper with antique nickel pullers
- Angled chest pockets with quilting at edges
- Rope dyed cotton waist cinch with leather pullers
- Hidden internal cellphone pocket
- Stowable hood in SELF fabric (I hate the lighter M-65 hood fabric)

This is a very nice interpretation of the field jacket. I really like the fact that the pockets are a bit less prominent than on other models. Looks like a great option for those who bike to work, like me. I will check it out next time I go to Marcus.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

This is a very nice interpretation of the field jacket. I really like the fact that the pockets are a bit less prominent than on other models. Looks like a great option for those who bike to work, like me. I will check it out next time I go to Marcus.

Thanks. Its no easy thing to make one that is tough and wearable without being an exact copy of vintage military. There are things about it I plan on tweaking for next fall but, all in all, I think we did a pretty good job here.

Wow, it looks great. Which retailers picked up the Matera? MP3 and ?

Unionmade and Barney's will definitely both have as well. I believe Gentry and Meyvn might also.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How warm will the matera run? Doesn't get all that cold (ever) in Houston.

Its an unlined cotton field jacket. Same weight as a classic M-65. To me its the perfect 3 season jacket (Spring through fall) and can be taken into winter with heavy knitwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads