• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score

That Italian Ebayer has some...interesting stock

"Men's Paisley bikini new" (I should hope so)

Not gonna lie, I kinda wish I saw that before I placed my order. It's kinda great, in a totally obnoxious way.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding Primo - is the consensus to size up like I do with Tenero? I wear a 52r in most Eidos cuts, but the Tenero I wear a 54r..

Thanks and sorry for umpteenth fit question..

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ciro cut was really cool, too bad that guy doesn't have it in a long.

designated

Reaction score
Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned an ebay seller shipping from Italy.

I just checked and couldn't resist this beauty in 100% linen in the Ciro cut for a steal. The NMWA/Lorenzo is my favourite cut, so this was a no brainer at the price. There are also a 52 and 50 available, I believe!

ferdsje

Reaction score
Can anyone tell if jackets with patch pockets can be shortened? Need to cut it 0.6 inches, which would leave 1.9 inches above the patch pockets. I always avoid shortening this kind of jackets, just to maintain the balance of the jacket.

ferdsje

Reaction score
T
Awesome dude. Great jacket. I'm wearing mine today (which is Tenero), and it is my second favorite Eidos jacket.

Congrats!

Thanks, I'm one of your tumblr followers. Your Eidos pieces are great, with perfect fit always. Guess I had that collection...

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Regarding Primo - is the consensus to size up like I do with Tenero? I wear a 52r in most Eidos cuts, but the Tenero I wear a 54r..

Thanks and sorry for umpteenth fit question..

The primo model is the slimmest we've ever made. It was developed basically as a sample models so that we could do photoshoots and have to alter the samples. 48 fits like most brands' 46 but longer.

wigglr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the Arjak from a fellow SF member. Sadly, I don't think it works for me :/. So beautiful, though!

n2pua

Reaction score

The primo model is the slimmest we've ever made. It was developed basically as a sample models so that we could do photoshoots and have to alter the samples. 48 fits like most brands' 46 but longer.

antonio,

is the lack of primo's current availability due to the retailers/buyers general fear of their customer not understanding or appreciating the benefits of the design (a la tipo) or a deliberate decision to streamline the tailored end of your design vision ?

(personally, always been a fan of grinze/spalla camicia and thankfully now that the hyped conversation about it is dying down, i hope it doesn't disappear, least of all from eidos)

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience letting out the seat in Eidos suit pants? How much allowance is there?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Also picked up a great pow navy suit from that italy seller too - just sad they didn't add a hanger

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell if jackets with patch pockets can be shortened? Need to cut it 0.6 inches, which would leave 1.9 inches above the patch pockets. I always avoid shortening this kind of jackets, just to maintain the balance of the jacket.
I'm not sure why you would bother shortening a jacket for such a small amount when the outcome is such a crap shoot. I've never seen a jacket shortened after it was made look good. With that said, if its a patch pocket jacket, just have the pockets taken off and reset

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

antonio,

is the lack of primo's current availability due to the retailers/buyers general fear of their customer not understanding or appreciating the benefits of the design (a la tipo) or a deliberate decision to streamline the tailored end of your design vision ?

(personally, always been a fan of grinze/spalla camicia and thankfully now that the hyped conversation about it is dying down, i hope it doesn't disappear, least of all from eidos)

Couple things. First, the primo was never really meant to be sold RTW as it only really fits tall, skinny guys. Second grinze is something that is nearly impossible to sell in RTW, particularly at a lower pricepoint.

We are now focusing on the following:

1. The things we like

2. The things we sell well

I personally think that the tenero is the best, most versatile and wearable expression of our canvassed tailoring. For myself, I only really wear the Augusto now as I tend to dress more casually and think its the easiest thing to throw on with a tee shirt and chinos. Greg sells the NMWA well and Marcus sells the Ciro and Tenero. Bloomingdales sells the Balthazar.

leschnitzel

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would bother shortening a jacket for such a small amount when the outcome is such a crap shoot. I've never seen a jacket shortened after it was made look good. With that said, if its a patch pocket jacket, just have the pockets taken off and reset
0.6 inch, or 1.5cm, is not "a small amount"... For example, the difference between a 75cm long jacket and 76.5cm can be quite obvious. Actually I think this is about the limit of how much you can shorten a jacket without throwing the balance off. I have seen this kind of alteration done with good result, if you have a good tailor

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads