• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you for the kind words. So these fit to size and everyone in store has taken their size. You have to consider that the are mostly unlined and a looser fitting boot, but just so comfortable. I cannot compare to those other pairs because this is a very different construction to everything you mentioned.  It's hand-cut suede on a crepe sole. 

I'm a 41 and I wear 41 in these, but I wear 40 in the Aperture you mentioned. 

Christian should I size up or down if in between sizes?

daddyblitz

Reaction score
Wooow,the armholes/shoulders area of the Balthazar are way too tight on me,every else fits perfect. I hope a tailor can fix this or i be forced to return 3 recently bought items, I miss you Tipo.:confused:

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@daddyblitz - that might be a difficult and costly venture depending on your tailor. Can you exchange them for a size up and then have your tailor take the jackets in?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Wooow,the armholes/shoulders area of the Balthazar are way too tight on me,every else fits perfect. I hope a tailor can fix this or i be forced to return 3 recently bought items, I miss you Tipo.:confused:

Thats very interesting because the pattern for the balthazar and tipo are exactly the same everywhere except the back length and the lapel shape.

daddyblitz

Reaction score
Exactly,is the sizing on the suits and sc the same,because I am comparing my Tipo sc in 54R to a Balthazar suit in 54R...

ferdsje

Reaction score

does anyone own the silk hopsack navy blazer? super sheeny/what's the texture like?

If you're talking about this hospack jacket, I purchased this morning in eBay. Just take my Eidos jackets normal size (48us) but according to the online measures, I'm afraid could be small. If you want can post pics when received it

daddyblitz

Reaction score
Well thats weird ...I will go to the store and try another one beacuse the one i received fits like a 52R...thank for the clarification.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

does anyone own the silk hopsack navy blazer? super sheeny/what's the texture like?

The silk hopsack is very "dry," not much sheen to it at all.

Thats very interesting because the pattern for the balthazar and tipo are exactly the same everywhere except the back length and the lapel shape.

Were the lapels slimmed down or what? I have all Tipos thus far and am looking for its heir apparent...

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The silk hopsack is very "dry," not much sheen to it at all.
Were the lapels slimmed down or what? I have all Tipos thus far and am looking for its heir apparent...

The balthazar is 1cm shorter in the body with a slightly narrower, bellied lapel and a two button closure. Its basically the Isaia Gregory and it existed well before I started. I made the tipo longer with a better lapel but it just didn't sell at full retail. I fought with every store about it for two years and finally gave in. The tenero has the same lapel as the tipo - its just 1 cm shorter, unlined with a completely soft shoulder. I think its the most versatile model we make.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The balthazar is 1cm shorter in the body with a slightly narrower, bellied lapel and a two button closure. Its basically the Isaia Gregory and it existed well before I started. I made the tipo longer with a better lapel but it just didn't sell at full retail. I fought with every store about it for two years and finally gave in. The tenero has the same lapel as the tipo - its just 1 cm shorter, unlined with a completely soft shoulder. I think its the most versatile model we make.

Tenero is perfect.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would think theses changes are minor to the general public (and maybe even buyers). You mean to say a Bloomingdales shopper looking for a suit would pass up an Eidos model based on 1cm length, shape of a lapel, and the third button? I would think these are apparent and more relevant to a more informed crowd like those on SF. This a result of looking at the data/sales numbers?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads