• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

Superglu

Reaction score
I stopped by the sample sale today. As expected, most of the Eidos stock is post-Antonio, though there are still a lot of Augustos and Lupos from past sample sales, plus a few Aliano coats, some Tenero suits and Ciro tuxes, and the odd shirt/pants. However, the sweaters - though they are basically all post-Antonio Eidos - really stood out to me in their quality. I left with two cashmere sweaters - one thick waffle knit and one turtleneck - for $99 total.

mythage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling a few Eidos things -

1. Eidos indigo mock neck sweater - size M (fits slim) - excellent condition - $140
2. Eidos khaki cotton crew neck sweater - size M - good condition - $75
3. Eidos tunic - size M, tag fell off, fits quite relaxed/large - good condition - $60

Willing to accept reasonable offers, please pm me! Photos below

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of Eidos Ragosta jackets for sale. I've hardly used them so it's time for them to go to a good home.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok,.this one is hard for me to put up but I have to since it's not getting any use. I'm selling my Eidos Thompson belted shawl cardigan. This is the iconic one:

GoIrish

Reaction score
Few classic Eidos items I’m letting go!

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have finally gotten around to removing some buttons from the Aliano, so that it will look like the production version (2nd pic) instead of its extra wide-buttoned Sample Sale cousin (1st pic).

Dumb question that maybe @NickPollica can answer: is this a DIY job? Or will I need to get under the lining and come at it from inside so there aren't marks where the buttons were?
1609820767964.png
1609820607799.png

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mmm... there shouldn't be any marks after removing buttons, especially on wool. I remember @NickPollica coming to our office to remove those extra buttons himself with a seam ripper, after realizing that the factory messed up and had symmetrical buttons sewn on

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
mmm... there shouldn't be any marks after removing buttons, especially on wool. I remember @NickPollica coming to our office to remove those extra buttons himself with a seam ripper, after realizing that the factory messed up and had symmetrical buttons sewn on

That’s just about sums up those 5 years of my life.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As predicted. Seam ripper, quick steam, and it's like they were never there.

gardenvariety

Reaction score
Does anyone know what season this sweater is from? I recently picked up the navy version secondhand and was wondering -- it's gorgeous. It's drop shoulder, 100% virgin wool, and super soft. It has a bunch of distressed details including the dark details you see below. Unfortunately my (lots of) googling didn't turn up any info online beyond some pictures of the ivory version. If there are any lookbook shots or photos of it being worn by real people, I would love to see them.

39896194tm_12_e (1).jpg

39896194tm_12_f.jpg

39896194tm_12_d.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads