• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For reference, what is Quinton's suit size now? 50 as well?
yep - 50.
@NickPollica ,

to confirm, for SS '18, will all of the retailers (aside from Greg) be carrying the new tailoring models (Locust, Vincent, etc) ?
Nope - sadly, the patterns for these two models did not turn out well so we stuck to the previous ones. SS18 will be 95% augusto with Marcus offering tenero and ciro additionally.

Do you recommend taking the same size in the FJ as in the cotton/linen Trapunto from this past season?

Yes.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yep - 50.
I wear Eidos FJ with the old cut in both 46 and 48, but the current cut in 48.

The old cut in 46 fits me perfectly but has little room for layering. Size 48 also fits me well except the sleeves are a bit long, so I cuff them when not layering much.

(In other words, 46 for spring/summer and 48 for fall/winter.)

The current cut in 48 fits me like 46 in the old cut, with room for a light knit. I'm a trim IT48. The shorter length is fine with me because I'm short (5'7").

This is why I'm confused. I think I may be stradling the size line between a 48 and a 50. Quinton's measurements are bigger than mine pretty sure...

If I were to have ordered a SS18 Eidos sport jacket, the size 48 would be the size I'd order. The chest is 40.9". Same as the FJ. That is what is throwing me. Seems like a FJ should be a little bigger in the chest than a SC.

Asian Afro is 5'7" and he ordered a 48. I ordered a size 48 black cotton/linen FJ, but I'm 6'1". A lean/skinny 6'1 but...

I emailed Greg to get his .02....This is giving me(and probably others) a headache. Sorry! Just want to be sure.

hrv123

Reaction score
Ditto for me.

Without any financial incentive, there's no way I'd risk being stuck with an unreturnable garment especially given the history of erratic sizing.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I agree with you guys.

The reason I ordered is because I had a feeling that the black cotton/linen wouldn't be stocked.

Like you, I was surprised there wasn't the usual preorder discount.

On edit:Just heard back from Greg. He feels I ordered the right size. So I'm fine.

Seems that the thought is, if you stick to your Eidos suit size, that is proper. I'll be wearing the FJ over a shirt. If I was wearing it over a SC, then sizing up would be right.

Still, until I get the thing, I'll be wondering.

Last edited:

mypants

Reaction score
This is a tough one, which is why I chimed in with some of my sizing experience. None of these Eidos preorder pieces are inexpensive by most any definition. With all the sizing changes it has been challenging to order Eidos online in my experience, and preorders are an even riskier beast.

That being said, some of my very favourite clothing is from Eidos. I have had to return a number of pieces over the past few years, and most of the others need some tailoring. But, man - there is something that keeps drawing me in. If the shoulders fit, and the length is good, not much that can't be fixed by a good tailor.

For whatever reason, I don't think the measurements on a lot of Edits stuff tell the whole story. The current stuff fits smaller than it used to, but not nearly as much as the numbers say. It's just "trimmer", if that helps.

Another weird case is me picking up the Sal cream trousers this season in 54 because they were supposed to be slimmer. I was swimming in them. Fortunately I could send them back, but being from Canada means I'm in the red for return shipping, exchange rate and taxes/duty. Not fun, but I guess I have a good pain tolerance...

Anyhow, in addition to the paprika FJ in 52, I also ordered the linen gunclub sport coat in a 52. Ok, and the cream dinner jacket. My wife may actually murder me... jk. :)

Not sure if any of this helps in the end or if it's just going in circles. I just knew that no matter how many paprika FJs that Greg buys, it will not be enough for me to order one off the rack...

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow @mypants, what a nice haul!

My solice on ordering the 48 FJ is I ordered the 48 Boucle peacoat and it is great. And the 48 SC is right on too, if I woulda ordered one.

My problems with the Eidos orders I returned was they were too big.But that was the FW17 thing.

On outerwear, I like a little room for a slouchy look. But I'm gonna stick with Greg's rec. with the 48.

metranger8694

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@metranger8694 If you returned before because it was too large, I think you will be in good shape now. Nothing is 100% for sure, but hope it works out!
Thanks!

I returned a pair of Sam pants and a Lovaro shirt . FW 2017 gear...The 2016 FJ I posted a pic of I kept obviously. It is awesome.

I understand now that even though I totally dig the fit, that 48 was designed to go over a SC. I think it mostly worked out because of the extra heft of wool.

The 48 black linen/cotton has the same 18.5" shoulders as the Burgundy. It should work out. I think I'm most worried about the length, being 6'1". But it will most likely be awesome.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Left my NMWA order as is but I did pickup a white L/S Lupo from Coachman Clothiers this morning! Pretty excited about this one, simple but essential basic for my wardrobe.

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Eidos fans,

soliciting some advice / enabling. I "need" (i.e. want) a blue blazer. Marcus Malmborg has currently two on sale at a similar price point:

https://www.marcusmalmborg.com/?product:jackets:Eidos+Blue+Wool/Silk/Linen+Tenero+Jacket

https://www.marcusmalmborg.com/?product:aw+2016:Eidos+Blue+silk/Wool+Tenero+Jacket

Which one would you buy and why? No specific need for a blue blazer, but I like to wear one both dressed up and down.

Man, both so good.
I'd proooooobably lean toward the first one, simply because it's a bit more conservative and so it will hold up better under the passage of time.
But the second one is rockin' awesome. I have this thing where sometimes fabrics remind me of drape/upholstery fabric, and that one veers in that direction, but doesn't cross into that territory. I tried it on once and fell in love (not enough to buy it, as I've already got two navy blazers; but who knows, I may buy teddieriley's haha). I'm thinking of an awesome pic of Antonio in it for some interview/magazine feature a couple years back, too, that sold it for me as well.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, both so good.
I'd proooooobably lean toward the first one, simply because it's a bit more conservative and so it will hold up better under the passage of time.
But the second one is rockin' awesome. I have this thing where sometimes fabrics remind me of drape/upholstery fabric, and that one veers in that direction, but doesn't cross into that territory. I tried it on once and fell in love (not enough to buy it, as I've already got two navy blazers; but who knows, I may buy teddieriley's haha). I'm thinking of an awesome pic of Antonio in it for some interview/magazine feature a couple years back, too, that sold it for me as well.
ba278946cef8b02b6e3f3ce482d04c16--eidos-napoli-pocket-squares.jpg
IMG_3428.jpg IMG_3420.jpg

Reaction score
Bumping this to see if anyone has gotten an update. After initially receiving a word from Marcus that I would hear from him shortly, I haven't heard anything and follow-up messages have not been responded to.
I'm in the same position. I did finally hear back from Marcus but still don't have a firm commitment on if/when I'd receive the trousers I ordered in Winter. We did, however, come to an amicable agreement. I would reach out to him again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads