• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eidos Napoli

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raining here so why not an Eidos raincoat? I have too many navy outerwear pieces but couldn't resist..

ScottMC

Reaction score
Its the tenero jacket and uab pant. The fabric is the 100% wool solaro from tallia delfino. In my opinon its the best of the Italian solaro qualities. Beautiful drape - wears well. I've owned it in its navy iteration for 2 years and its never let me down. I also think Tallia's tan/red colorway is the most wearable when compared with the LP, Ormezzano and Barbera.

Sounds incredible. Will Marcus have this fabric in his incoming Spring/Summer book?

daddyblitz

Reaction score

Trying to get this suit in 54R,im kicking myself for not buying it when the local bloomies had my size,pls lmk if anyone sees it in a store,also if anyone could tell me the model ,that would help me to call a few stores and ask ,ty.

Last edited:

daddyblitz

Reaction score

For those who have been waiting on Martin Patrick 3 to update their Eidos collection online, one of the reps took it upon himself to photograph the new Eidos collection they received, it's posted here: https://www.facebook.com/robertelderstyle/. I just called and placed an order, he was extremely pleasant to deal with (and no sales tax for NY residents).

Ty,they have 2 dress shirts I've been hunting down for a while now.

Last edited:

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Trying to get this suit in 54R,im kicking myself for not buying it when the local bloomies had my size,pls lmk if anyone sees it in a store,also if anyone could tell me the model ,that would help me to call a few stores and ask ,ty.

Sadly not going to happen. That fabric is from two springs ago and that is the sample, no one bought it in the ciro model.

I wear the Eidos linen field jacket in 38/48S. How does that translate to this jacket, Small or Medium?
Small.

tobehknese

Reaction score
Sadly not going to happen. That fabric is from two springs ago and that is the sample, no one bought it in the ciro model.
Small.

hello nick! i love your work and have been following you a couple of seasons now.
sadly, there's no place that i could find your items in Hong Kong; are there plans to expand to asia?
I am a size 52 in isaia (cortina and sailor), would i be fine wearing a 52 in eidos as well?
which model are these similar to in your line?
i am also a size 16 in dress shirts, should i go for a large or x-large in lupo polo if i can find some online?
cheers!

Last edited:

daddyblitz

Reaction score

Small.

Here we go,this is the one im talking about,I actually purchased the wrong size from Bloomingdale's a few months ago,i do see some differences, like pockets, etc...

daddyblitz

Reaction score

hello nick! i love your work and have been following you a couple of seasons now.
sadly, there's no place that i could find your items in Hong Kong; are there plans to expand to asia?
I am a size 52 in isaia (cortina and sailor), would i be fine wearing a 52 in eidos as well?
which model are these similar to in your line?
i am also a size 16 in dress shirts, should i go for a large or x-large in lupo polo if i can find some online?
cheers!

I wear a 16.5 in dress shirts.
XL in lupo,they run small.

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Here we go,this is the one im talking about,I actually purchased the wrong size from Bloomingdale's a few months ago,i do see some differences, like pockets, etc...

Yes, that was bloomingdales ad look suit from SS15. They bought the fabric in the Tipo model. The first photo above is the fabric made up in the Ciro, which nobody bought.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm curious about the fate of the Ciro. I know Miranda here locally told me it sold well last year and she loved it (haven't talked to her recently whether she's made any orders for anything in that cut). But also I'm curious how its design has diverged from the NMWA cut. They were very similar post-Lorenzo (I recall trying it on next to my NMWA raw silk jacket and couldn't really tell the difference, though I wasn't hunting for differences). The NMWA cut has evolved in various subtle ways, but except for your samples, the Ciro hasn't been offered anywhere out there in the specialty shops of this great land. Do you keep making samples and keep hoping someone will buy it but nobody does lol?

NickPollica

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

So I'm curious about the fate of the Ciro. I know Miranda here locally told me it sold well last year and she loved it (haven't talked to her recently whether she's made any orders for anything in that cut). But also I'm curious how its design has diverged from the NMWA cut. They were very similar post-Lorenzo (I recall trying it on next to my NMWA raw silk jacket and couldn't really tell the difference, though I wasn't hunting for differences). The NMWA cut has evolved in various subtle ways, but except for your samples, the Ciro hasn't been offered anywhere out there in the specialty shops of this great land. Do you keep making samples and keep hoping someone will buy it but nobody does lol?

I haven't really sampled it since we developed the NMWA, which I think is better. If someone wants to buy the Ciro, they can but we don't push it because most stores just don't get it.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads