• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMG_1503.JPG

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, does any of you have the "in between half a size" issue lately? For example, I've noticed that with their new resin lasts (202 affected as well) the size UK 9.5 E is a bit loose on heel out of box and I can as well close the laces gap as if the shoes are well worn in. Whilst walking, a heel also feels a bit loose, and I'm afraid this might get worse over the period of time.

If I however size down to UK 9 E, I do feel a bit of a pressure on my fingers and the lace gap is there this time.

I am a bit frustrated with the fit lately as this problem never occurs when I try on a new pair of Crockett Jones, John Lobb or Church's shoes, all in size UK 9 E . They all fit just as the new shoes should fit - a bit tight, but not too much. It just seems impossible for me to nail the correct size with the EG.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents, does any of you have the "in between half a size" issue lately? For example, I've noticed that with their new resin lasts (202 affected as well) the size UK 9.5 E is a bit loose on heel out of box and I can as well close the laces gap as if the shoes are well worn in. Whilst walking, a heel also feels a bit loose, and I'm afraid this might get worse over the period of time.

If I however size down to UK 9 E, I do feel a bit of a pressure on my fingers and the lace gap is there this time.

I am a bit frustrated with the fit lately as this problem never occurs when I try on a new pair of Crockett Jones, John Lobb or Church's shoes, all in size UK 9 E . They all fit just as the new shoes should fit - a bit tight, but not too much. It just seems impossible for me to nail the correct size with the EG.
You might need to size down to 9F so you have more room in the toe area but then again it’s hard to find that size.
Another solution you might want to give a shot is put a thin EG insole and see if it becomes more snug and manageable for the size 9.5 E.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might need to size down to 9F so you have more room in the toe area but then again it’s hard to find that size.
Another solution you might want to give a shot is put a thin EG insole and see if it becomes more snug and manageable for the size 9.5 E.

Yes, you might be right. Thanks. I remember I had the 9F on a pair of 82 Chelsea which were a good fit but ended up selling them as the 202 always looked better to me.

epc2

Reaction score

Well I'm kind of new to the EG world but my first try was last year with a Dover on the 202 ,9.5E was too tight and 10 was too loose, I recently found a Dover New old stock made on the old wood lasts and the 10E ended up being a perfect fit.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I'm kind of new to the EG world but my first try was last year with a Dover on the 202 ,9.5E was too tight and 10 was too loose, I recently found a Dover New old stock made on the old wood lasts and the 10E ended up being a perfect fit.
After the resole whenever that happens , i presume it will become new fit on the resin last.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

so true. This is a problem with the resin lasts in the 202 and 82 lasts. Shame really. EGs fit so well previously.

As someone else said going down a size in length and up a size in width could be the solution, but hard to find that stateside.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so true. This is a problem with the resin lasts in the 202 and 82 lasts. Shame really. EGs fit so well previously.

Thanks guys, I knew I wasn't alone regarding this one. Seems like I am yet to find my correct size with the new plastic lasts.

The older, pre 100XXX serial number shoes hugged my heel better and felt more secure on the foot. With the new resin lasts the E fit (standard width) is both longer and wider.

Article 26

Reaction score
Quick question: has anybody ever sent his shoes back to the EG factory for repair? If so, how long did it take before you got them back?

I am asking this because about two months ago, I sent my Piccadilly loafers to the EG factory for a bit of repair and I have not received any information, nor my shoes. :confused2:
Had a pair of Banburys revamped which took in excess of 4 months. Don’t stress. Have a pair at JL, currently, they were put in March.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads