• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should try the MdO Lotion, ime far better that Reno for regular care of well mantained shoes where Reno is "too much".

Anyway, I would ask you a sizing advice for Last 184.
I wear 8F on the 82 last, should I stick with 8F or try the 8E?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

OREO

Reaction score
The EG website is finally up and running, a small selection in different widths available

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed that Leffot has just listed a dover and kentmere boot in stock, both in dark brown Utah calf for anyone interested.

I have a dover pre-order in navy Utah with Gentlemansfootwear.

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Kentmere boots look awesome! I was not sure about this style, but it came out looking tough as nails. The Kentmere is as good as any EG boot, besides Zug Galways of course.

Between these deliveries, and the variety offered on EG's own site, the holiday season could be costly for some...

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No problem, besides one of the reasons I hardly ever open the shoe care thread is because of the constant arguing and bickering. Too many experts and very little agreement.

And most of them will agree that there's absolutely no need to strip or condition a new pair of shoes.

Even if it's been sitting in the shop for years, it's more important to wax than to condition.

p.s., neutral cream is good. But colored wax is needed to supplement lost pigments.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the discussion, but I typically add a layer of wax to my new shoes for protection. The first time I wore my Doak dovers some water dripped on them and removed a pretty good sized splotch of the antiquing. So now whenever I get new, crust EGs I throw a layer of wax on them. Sure some polish comes off in that process as well, but at least it is uniform and I don't have a quarter sized light splotch on my shoe for the rest of the weekend.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the discussion, but I typically add a layer of wax to my new shoes for protection. The first time I wore my Doak dovers some water dripped on them and removed a pretty good sized splotch of the antiquing. So now whenever I get new, crust EGs I throw a layer of wax on them. Sure some polish comes off in that process as well, but at least it is uniform and I don't have a quarter sized light splotch on my shoe for the rest of the weekend.

Excellent point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads