• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ladislav.jancik

Reaction score
Galway in black Utah & Delapre, 72 last with storm welt.

galway 72E black utah delapre.jpg

Style989

Reaction score
I got to agree with these guys. No way that a formal suit, and/or a SC & Trousers works with these kinds of boots. Clash of styles.

I'd third the suggestion for a Dover or loafer. I'd edge (heavily) towards the Dover as that shoe is tailor made for a SC & odd trouser.

You like a black London grain Galway. Still go for it, but save it for something else. London grain Dover should work better for your purposes, but hopefully we are talking Tweed and Flannels versus worsted wool.

BTW, I think the JL Lopez (not mentioned) would pair quite nicely with the intended outfit. Depending on colors of proposed outfit, a StC SpTD in a grain (Horween Hatch grain) works. I could also envision something in cordovan hatch grain work. LWB or PTB style wise.
Thanks for the suggestions BColl. It seems Dover is the one to go for one. So the Galway would be for me casual weekend outfits. Is it suitable for hiking? I'd probably wince at hiking in such a pricey boot and worry about getting it scratched up. Don't have that concern with CJ boots

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Five years ago, I purchased my first pair of EGs. I remember unboxing these and thinking, “HOLY ******* ****.” I also remember the silliness that accompanied spending what I used to think was an inexcusable amount of money on boots. “I can’t ever get them wet,” I thought. “Gotta stay out of any dirt,” I told myself. “KEEP THE DOG AT LEAST FIVE FEET AWAY FROM ME,” I told my wife. Man, how times have changed. I’ve been hiking in them. Run after my kids through the mud in them. Wear them whenever it snows or rains. They’re just as good as they were half a decade ago. Quality, man.
0F81162D-857F-4A27-AB65-7FB9199EEF31.jpeg

downunderdoc

Reaction score
Five years ago, I purchased my first pair of EGs. I remember unboxing these and thinking, “HOLY ******* ****.” I also remember the silliness that accompanied spending what I used to think was an inexcusable amount of money on boots. “I can’t ever get them wet,” I thought. “Gotta stay out of any dirt,” I told myself. “KEEP THE DOG AT LEAST FIVE FEET AWAY FROM ME,” I told my wife. Man, how times have changed. I’ve been hiking in them. Run after my kids through the mud in them. Wear them whenever it snows or rains. They’re just as good as they were half a decade ago. Quality, man.
View attachment 1847251
God I love suede Galways - my EG collection has expanded considerably since I got my pair, but these are still my favourite shoes.

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The
View attachment 1847251
The best part is you didn’t even once have to get on here to ask for sizing advice. 🤭💪🏽

larand

Reaction score
I tried to place an order via e-mail today with EG and was informed that it is a new company directive that they no longer accept payment in GBP for orders from the US due to the dollar to pound exchange rate.

Any recommendations on where else in the UK I might try to buy online that accepts GBP or is this just the new normal now?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to place an order via e-mail today with EG and was informed that it is a new company directive that they no longer accept payment in GBP for orders from the US due to the dollar to pound exchange rate.

Any recommendations on where else in the UK I might try to buy online that accepts GBP or is this just the new normal now?
Order through Stefan Shoes

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Running errands on Saturday in my Piccadilly’s. Seriously haven’t worn another pair of shoes since I got these 2/3 months ago……

32892199-1785-405C-847B-1CD7C770CABA.jpeg

Until today. MV of these DOAK Dovers. Indoor and waiting for the bus……..

E2363EE5-F3F2-40CE-8951-96B110656BF7.jpeg
22E837CD-DDA3-4208-A2E5-5F9FB1FD0710.jpeg
DCF7F9A3-3BC1-424E-AFD2-77CE95B3FE33.jpeg

Happy Monday gang. Have a great week.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads