• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of Ecton's in Espresso Suede on the 888. First grade and they are a 10,5E (a little too big).
Difficult for me to return as I picked them up in London.
Will sell at cost (significantly reduced from retail). Please PM if interested.
This is what I have been sharing - at least in our size, the new lasts run bigger than before

supern0va

Reaction score
Want to get some sizing advice for 606 last. I have a couple of EGs in different sizes:

202 last - 6E for Dover, 6F for malvern
IMG_0610.JPG IMG_9209.JPG

82 last - dover in 6.5E
IMG_9781.JPG

Wannna get advice on what size I should wear for 606 last for Dover.

On a related note, I wear Laughton 890 Last in 6.5E. For G&G MH71 last, I generally wear 6F or 6.5E, with a very slight preference for 6F. Thanks!

Last edited:

wristandfeet

Reaction score

These nutmeg suede dovers are sublime. I recently had the chance to inspect a good number of suede leathers from EG. And for me personally, Nutmeg absorbed/deflected light in the most interesting way out of the other suedes.

Been thinking about doing an MTO just like this. May I ask, which retailer did this? Or was it an MTO?

Thanks!

Last edited:

wristandfeet

Reaction score
Want to get some sizing advice for 606 last. I have a couple of EGs in different sizes:

View attachment 818587 View attachment 818585

82 last - dover in 6.5E
View attachment 818707

On a related note, I wear Laughton 890 Last in 6.5E. For G&G MH71 last, I generally wear 6F or 6.5E, with a very slight preference for 6F. Thanks!

I take the same size in 202 and 606, both 7E. While most others say that the two fit identically, I find that 606 feel slightly more snug in the toe box.

Was there a reason why you chose 6 E rather than 6.5 E in the 202? From your pics, it appears that perhaps you could've sized up by half a size in the 202 because the midsection seems rather snug.

Given how great the fit looks on 6.5 E on 82, and that the 6E on 202 seems tight, my best guess is that 6.5E on 606 would be optimal.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you @wristandfeet - these are an MTO I commissioned last summer.
These nutmeg suede dovers are sublime. I recently had the chance to inspect a good number of suede leathers from EG. And for me personally, Nutmeg absorbed/deflected light in the most interesting way out of the other suedes.
The nutmeg is a fantastic color - wish I still had some.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

View attachment 818587 View attachment 818585

82 last - dover in 6.5E
View attachment 818707

Interesting shots. Conventional SF wisdom seems to frown on 82 for Dover, but your pair looks great. Also, its instep fits miles better on you than 202 (and probably 606).

khakisofcarmel

Reaction score
The Edward Green Ecton derby in black calf, with black double leather taper soles. These pair perfectly with navy and grey suits, a true power shoe to wear with your power suit. Available to make custom just send us a dm or email.
DSC01488.jpg

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those derbys are a bit on the casual side for suits, no?
Hence the assertion of power. Not quite Mark Zuckerberg territory, but ya gotta start somewhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads