• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
@WilYa Oh, I'm afraid you are waiting mostly for nothing this time. That is, if you are after the popular styles in the common sizes like UK 9 or 9.5..

I'm in a weekly contact with their Factory Shop, and hardly anything decent gets through lately.. I've lost the hope for those pop up sales .. They could be a good source for the cheap belts and shoe trees though ..

Sausages on eBay is also replenishing the good stock on a weekly bases, sometime I use him as a source and pay for his interest, so by following his page you can get the idea of what's there ..

Now I'm focused on buying shoes that I like with a modest discount of 10-20% at European stores .. Buying something you didn't want in the first place just because it's a 50% off the MSRP is never a good thing, at least for me.

Cheers! Nice inputs. In fact I'm looking for much smaller sizes. Let's what comes up then.

papado

Reaction score
I've decided to dip my toes in the EG pool after starting with John Lobb, then recently G&G.

I can finally understand the EG appeal :)

324CF020-4FB7-427E-A6C5-E808075DBEB3.JPG

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided to dip my toes in the EG pool after starting with John Lobb, then recently G&G.

I can finally understand the EG appeal :)

View attachment 817539

It's a dangerous journey! I started with a pair of Edward green loafers on sale for 400 2 years ago. Never would've imagined 2 years later all my rotation shoes are Edward green, gaziano & girling, John lobb, or cleverley higher end. Very dangerous journey. Trying to budget and cut back now. But damn. It's hard. I say that as I picked up those same shoes last weekend at bergdorfs - dark brown Galway Utah grain for 588. How could I pass that up?

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a pair of Ecton's in Espresso Suede on the 888. First grade and they are a 10,5E (a little too big).
Difficult for me to return as I picked them up in London.
Will sell at cost (significantly reduced from retail). Please PM if interested.

papado

Reaction score
It's a dangerous journey! I started with a pair of Edward green loafers on sale for 400 2 years ago. Never would've imagined 2 years later all my rotation shoes are Edward green, gaziano & girling, John lobb, or cleverley higher end. Very dangerous journey. Trying to budget and cut back now. But damn. It's hard. I say that as I picked up those same shoes last weekend at bergdorfs - dark brown Galway Utah grain for 588. How could I pass that up?

I guess I need to start checking out Bergdorf after all the mentions I've seen in this thread indicating ridiculous EG sale prices (though I'm sure a very small selection of sizes available). I hope you don't wear a US11 otherwise I might kick myself for not at least checking them out!

ijustshaturpnts

Reaction score
Went by Bergdorf's today on 5th Ave. They had two pairs of EG's out that I saw.

Galway - UK11 (or 11.5), cant quite remember. Brown (Utah??) leather - $750 + additional 20% off, I believe
Duke Loafer - UK8 - Burgundy Cordovan Leather - $850 + additional 20%.

Ran in and out quickly so these prices might be slightly off. Unfortunately neither were my size, but hope someone on here can grab them!
A bit late (sorry for that), but do you happen to remember what last the Galways were on? Thanks!

ijustshaturpnts

Reaction score

Dare I ask what size those Galways you picked up were? Also what last? That's definitely one of the better deals I've heard in a long time.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Montpellier for sure....picked up mine for less than a pair of socks. Found them in a thrift store. Fresh back from recraft.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dare I ask what size those Galways you picked up were? Also what last? That's definitely one of the better deals I've heard in a long time.
11; I think they're 82 last.

Mehran

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Thinking about picking up a Galway boot. I intend to wear it more causually; jeans up to the odd trouser, but mostly jeans and chinos. Having trouble choosing between the following three colors:
Galway_082_DM_UTHNAVY_main_1_1_7.jpg

Navy Utah

c1010429alt1.jpg

Dark Brown Delapre

MG_1299-b-1024x525.jpg

Chestnut Utah (although on the 72 last, and not the 82 pictured above).

Of the three, I am currently leaning toward Chestnut Utah the most because of that beautiful color which shows off the burnishing and ability to show patina, as well as the less aggressive shape on the 72 last. Any advice would be helpful!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads