• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE!

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop taunting us with that green one!

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a list of 5 that are on my "to order soon" list. That tie was on it, then i pushed it off, now I might have to make the list 6, that looks perfect. Darn it @Cleav !

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have a list of 5 that are on my "to order soon" list.  That tie was on it, then i pushed it off, now I might have to make the list 6, that looks perfect.  Darn it @Cleav
!

It is nice mate. Thing is, if you consider the quality and range Patrizio has it is like being a kid in a sweet shop!

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Has anyone picked up the green medallion madder and have a pic of it in the wild? Curious whether it will work for Spring too. Drake's has it in silk twill:

Not a very bright green and has that madderish feel it might work for S/S.

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought the blue with intent on wearing it as a S/S tie with both suits and SCs, I imagine the green will work, but I went with two linen greens instead.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It varies widely: I've been hit from 7-12.5 percent, possibly more.

I'd say on average, about 10 dollars per tie +/-. The duty threshold has risen, I'm told to $800. So for small batch orders, I think duties won't be charged, but others who know more can weigh in.

Still, a good deal given current exchange rates.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will the TPP remove tariffs entirely when it comes into force?

krakatoa

Reaction score

Will the TPP remove tariffs entirely when it comes into force?

As you're posting on the EGC thread, I guess you mean TTIP (EU/US discussions), rather than TPP. Ongoing negotiations (and then the delays associated with ratification) will mean consumers won't see any benefits for years. There is a textiles working group, but I'm not sure of the parties' negotiating positions. You can see the EU's position, which was leaked, in the link within the following article: https://euobserver.com/economic/132376

Last edited:

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those in the US, how much tax/duty do you typically get hit with when ordering?

Typically 12.5 per cent for apparel. Until recently that was only on shipments values at more than 199 USD. That's been raised recently, but I can't recall the details.

Cheers,

Ac

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As you're posting on the EGC thread, I guess you mean TTIP (EU/US discussions), rather than TPP. Ongoing negotiations (and then the delays associated with ratification) will mean consumers won't see any benefits for years. There is a textiles working group, but I'm not sure of the parties' negotiating positions. You can see the EU's position, which was leaked, in the link within the following article: https://euobserver.com/economic/132376

I thought I posted in the Kamakura Shirts thread, haha. But thanks for the interesting link.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads