• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have feedback on "Harry Suits"?

BaconGrease

Reaction score
Well, against my better judgement, I ordered a suit from HarrySuits.com .... a light grey three piece wool suit.

I'm still trying to get this resolved, and if they do manage to fix it, I'll post the results. I haven't pressed the suit or taken it to my tailor for resizing and we're not going to address the poor fit right now. But, just to give folks a warning... Here's a brief list of what's wrong.

- Button holes are not properly placed and poorly constructed (this is not repairable)
- Buttons are not located properly
- The internal structure of the suit is poorly built and the suit drapes extremely poorly
- The trouser lining feels as if it were put in backwards and the trouser's drape is horrible
- There are no brace buttons
- The lapels are webbed (I have never seen this in 30 years)
- The collar is of substandard material and improperly constructed
- The lapels are too skinny

But, there are good points. The material itself is quite nice. The seams and paneling are very straight and appear well done. It has the makings of a good office suit. But, as we all know, the devil is in the details, particularly in suits. They will never produce what I would call a great suit, but I do think they could make a good one - provided they WANT to make a good suit.

So... Once I accepted that I just burned $400, I found this laughable. The cuff buttons are hilarious. I wear this suit while having cocktails on the back patio wearing sandals and a t-shirt underneath - it's about all it's good for. Maybe I'll wear it for Halloween and go as a used car salesman or something...

Enjoy these photos of my mistake.

gerald123

Reaction score
I just want to share my recent experience with Harry Suits.

I actually read some of the reviews on this topic from this website beforehand. Since there were mixed reviews I decided to give it a shot.

Long story short is the workmanship was marginal but if that was the only issue, I wouldn't have complain given the price.

However, the fabric of the suit was a joke. I chose their 'super 130' without first checking a sample, figuring 130 thread count pure wool can't be that bad; but I was wrong. The fabric was about as thick as my oxford shirt. I couldn't have imagine anyone wasting the effort of making a suit of of material as thin as this. The suit weights about 50% less than even my summer weight suits. It's light material wrinkles very easily like a cheap suit.

I hope folks will learn from my mistake and save your money....

The cheap discount suit I find in at the mall going for $100 would look more like a real suit than this one.

It came from india and I'm guessing this super light weight material may make sense in tropic temperature of India, but I live in the northeast and I never seen a suit made with such lightweight fabric. It's just made the suit look like a knock off.

If you still want to try Harry Suit, do spend the money and get a fabric sample before hand... it would be your last chance to save your money.

mford

Reaction score
For all of you wondering about Harry Suits. Here is the story:

I ordered 100% wool suits from both Indochino and Harry Suits. There is NO comparison whatsoever.

Indochino:
  • Nice Fabric
  • Nice tailoring (all finishing like buttonholes, lining etc are professional)
  • Detailed measurements (including bicep and wrist size- more important than you think)
  • Good customer service (they will work with you to resolve issues)
  • They made 3 suits until the fit was right. PLUS they will pay you outright for alterations. (After the first remake I thought a tailor would be able to alter and had the work the done which they paid for. Ultimately I was still unhappy so they made a third suit! That's is GOOD SERVICE!

The only con is that they offer only one trouser style. Of course you can choose between pleats and pocket style but the cut of the actual pant is only one style.

SCORE: 4.5/5

I then went to Harry Suits because Indochino raised their prices and Harry offered 3 trouser fits styles (classic, straight and slim) I figured it was worth a try.

Harry Suits:
  • Fabric - Scruffy and smelly (Indian factory smell, I guess)
  • Tailoring: Cheap, no pant lining by default, jacket collar flimsy, messy buttonholes. Slanted pockets were like a 45 degree angle. Looks ridiculous! Jacket lining feels plasticky
  • Limited measurements
  • Horrible customer service. I emailed 4 times and got the CC company involved before they even responded to my emails.
  • The first suit I could barely get on, they made a remake and overcompensated on the problems making the jacket too baggy.

They only offer 1 remake and will not pay you for alterations. They will only offer a $75 gift certificate. Who needs that if you never plan to order again! Basically $355 down the drain!

SCORE: 2/5 (P.S. They only show you the good testimonials--IF they are even real--and keep telling you to look at the testimonials. I don't need testimonials AFTER a purchase and made my own comparisons)

BOTTOM LINE: Short of a miracle, it will take a few tries anywhere you go to get a good fitting suit. So if you are up for it, go somewhere where they will work with you and you'll get a nice final product. Go Indochino!

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For all of you wondering about Harry Suits. Here is the story:

I ordered 100% wool suits from both Indochino and Harry Suits. There is NO comparison whatsoever.

Indochino:
  • Nice Fabric
  • Nice tailoring (all finishing like buttonholes, lining etc are professional)
  • Detailed measurements (including bicep and wrist size- more important than you think)
  • Good customer service (they will work with you to resolve issues)
  • They made 3 suits until the fit was right. PLUS  they will pay you outright for alterations. (After the first remake I thought a tailor would be able to alter and had the work the done which they paid for. Ultimately I was still unhappy so they made a third suit! That's is GOOD SERVICE!

The only con is that they offer only one trouser style. Of course you can choose between pleats and pocket style but the cut of the actual pant is only one style.

SCORE: 4.5/5

I then went to Harry Suits because Indochino raised their prices and Harry offered 3 trouser fits styles (classic, straight and slim) I figured it was worth a try.

Harry Suits:
  • Fabric - Scruffy and smelly (Indian factory smell, I guess)
  • Tailoring: Cheap, no pant lining by default, jacket collar flimsy, messy buttonholes. Slanted pockets were like a 45 degree angle. Looks ridiculous! Jacket lining feels plasticky
  • Limited measurements
  • Horrible customer service. I emailed 4 times and got the CC company involved before they even responded to my emails.
  • The first suit I could barely get on, they made a remake and overcompensated on the problems making the jacket too baggy.

They only offer 1 remake and will not pay you for alterations. They will only offer a $75 gift certificate. Who needs that if you never plan to order again! Basically $355 down the drain!

SCORE: 2/5 (P.S. They only show you the good testimonials--IF they are even real--and keep telling you to look at the testimonials. I don't need testimonials AFTER a purchase and made my own comparisons)

BOTTOM LINE: Short of a miracle, it will take a few tries anywhere you go to get a good fitting suit. So if you are up for it, go somewhere where they will work with you and you'll get a nice final product. Go Indochino!

I remain deeply suspicious of first time posters who praise Indochino- and indeed other suppliers. They may have one right, but the path is littered with rubbish they have produced and poor service complaints - see other threads.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a suit from Harry. Turns out he's a Nigerian prince and his suits are equal to the quality of a Kiton K50 suit at a fraction of the price without the middle man involved.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered a suit from Harry. Turns out he's a Nigerian prince and his suits are equal to the quality of a Kiton K50 suit at a fraction of the price without the middle man involved.
Careful there...Some of these greenhorns might not pick up on the sarcasm
lol8[1].gif

mford

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up on my earlier post "For all of you wondering about Harry Suits..."

I am not a chat bot. I actually ordered from both places and the results are above. I'm attaching 2 photos just as examples. The navy is Indochino, grey is Harrys. For me it was worth going through the tedious, sometimes stressful process of getting the right fit, so I could choose one place that I can order from going forward.

Don't need you to believe me, just trying to help.

UPDATE: Harry has made an exception and yesterday offered me a second remake. Will advise when I receive it.

Rohit Agrawal

Reaction score
I ordered an Essential Blue Wool Suit with vest on Nov 10 and received it Nov 25 in Rochester NY. This was my first order from Harrysuits and I was quite impressed with their communication which confirmed some sizes that they thought were "not normal" (I am a small guy). I replied saying some measurements such as chest, rise, shoulders, and waist could be increased by half inch if they felt measurements were too tight. I got a very nice fitting suit with visible hand stitching and quality workmanship similar to a $1800 suit I own. The suit was not perfect but very close to it. I immediately ordered another suit with the comments that the slim notch lapel was too slim, the pants hem fold was too big by 1/2", the zipper was a 1/2" too small and couple of the hand stitches around the collar were popping up. Overall, I am very happy with the fit and finish and the issues above are relatively minor. It is easy to tell that this is a tailored suit and some features like the working cuff buttons are cool. I have a couple of off the rack suits in the same price range that fit me really well but this is more like my much more expensive bespoke suits which took me 3 times the time (with multiple fitting visits) and 5 times the price. So overall I highly recommend Harrysuits and if you try it out, I suggest that you mention any potential concerns (from past experiences) when placing the order. It seems like these guys don't use pre-designed patterns and cut the patterns for your measurements, so by all means, be finicky about all the details when orderning. I expect my next suit to be "perfect".

p.s. The super 120s fabric is a bit on the finer side...more like 140s+; feels great but am worried about durability. I have had some finer (140s and 180s) fabrics that felt great but didn't last long (pants mostly) - I expect the Harrysuits super 120s suit to not be overly durable similar to finer fabric suits...but it sure feels great.

Godspeed84

Reaction score
I just got one too. I got a $200 one (some sort of dark navy).
Customer service was A+. Pants didnt fit and they got me a new pair with my updated measurements in 2 weeks or so, free of charge.

I agree with BaconGrease, except I'd say material largely sucks. Liner is very cheap (I didn't go for the upgraded one). Cut and style aren't terrible, at best. Nothing is constructed well so it doesn't drape well. Collar and lapels feel like they have no support.

In short, I'd say I got my $200 worth, but not a whole lot more. I'd strongly suggest springing for an Indochino suit unless you're looking for something really cheap.

Last edited:

Rohit Agrawal

Reaction score
I believe all the sub-$200 suits on Harrysuits are Terry Rayon or Poly viscose, so they are likely not going to drape well and especially if you are a bigger guy. I wear some synthetic trousers but no suits even though for my size I probably could. My Harry suit was a wool blend (super 120s) and the collar and lapels have no "support" but it drapes great and takes the shape of the body quite well (slim fit). I think comparing a $200 synthetic suit to a $500 IndoChino wool suit is probably not fair. I have never used indochino but for $500 I can get a nice wool/wool blend suit in some US stores on sale and get it fitted if it doesn't fit me very well. In fact I bought a couple of suits and blazers at JC Penney (on line and in store) for $125 and the suits and blazers are fantastic...fit me perfect and fabric is not too fine (super 100s or less).. I had bought the Harry suit for daily wear but probably not going to use it for daily wear since the fabric is too fine (plus it is a 3-piece)...I had gotten some super 180s wool blend suits made a few years ago and they didn't last me over 3 years with relatively minimal use (twice a month) and this fabric reminds me of those. I'll see how my second suit goes, but seriously check out JC Penney if OTR fits you well.

Godspeed84

Reaction score
I'm not going to risk spending $400 from Harry's when I know I can get a good one from Indo for that price.

Rohit Agrawal

Reaction score
I think the wool suits on Harry start at $250 plus some obvious options get it to $275 for a super 120s suit (which happens to be mid weight), not even close to $400. I was looking at Indochino since you spoke so highly of them and suits start at $429 for heavy weight fabric. To get a light-mid weight fabric for all season use, the prices start at $600 and they don't seem to have a slim fit option which is necessary for me so that the suit is not too "boxy". Not for me but to each their own ways to burn money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads