• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone have feedback on "Harry Suits"?

Rohit Agrawal

Reaction score
Learning is not child's play; we cannot learn without pain - Aristotle

This thread is indeed painful, courtesy of the "senior members" who have not added any valuable or objective or even real information regarding the topic at hand; only sarcasm (possibly for the lack of a life).

You live and learn. At least you live - Douglas Adams

Rohit Agrawal

Reaction score
I actually don't. Firstly the reviews from noobs have gone both ways - some good some bad; some noobs have included pictures, others pretty detailed stories of their experiencies. As for anonymity, I think it is prudent to give the least amount of info on the internet. I think people are smart enough to tell which reviews are authentic which ones aren't - at least I don't need some guy who has nothing valuable to say, to go around pointing "trolls".

The senior members have not had any experience (or at least haven't shared any) and have gone around discrediting other reviewers - why are they even on this thread if they have nothing to contribute or ask?

Rohit Agrawal

Reaction score
Also, this isn't some super-famous forum with millions of members that someone would spend time trolling.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, this isn't some super-famous forum with millions of members that someone would spend time trolling.

Believe me, there have been more than enough trolls and shills for various companies over the years. It's surprising perhaps how seriously this forum is taken by many companies, actually...

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is one of the trolls and shills called Harry?

Rohit Agrawal

Reaction score
Fair enough...maybe it is worth trolling on this site. Anyway, just got my 2nd suit from Harry for $275 (wool blend - black) - not bad at all. They fixed about half the nitpicky things I asked for (big one being zipper size). Finishing is a bit worse than the previous suit with some thread ends popping up (easy to fix) and buttonholes a bit messy (impossible to fix). I guess the finishing is a bit of a hit or miss. All said and done, I think overall I am quite happy with my experience with Harry. Fit is great and construction is good with finishing being a crapshoot.

Hope my comments help those who are considering buying from Harry.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fair enough...maybe it is worth trolling on this site.  Anyway, just got my 2nd suit from Harry for $275 (wool blend - black) - not bad at all.  They fixed about half the nitpicky things I asked for (big one being zipper size).  Finishing is a bit worse than the previous suit with some thread ends popping up (easy to fix) and buttonholes a bit messy (impossible to fix).  I guess the finishing is a bit of a hit or miss.  All said and done, I think overall I am quite happy with my experience with Harry.  Fit is great and construction is good with finishing being a crapshoot.

Hope my comments help those who are considering buying from Harry.

Most newcomers seem to be trolling, most of their comments/questions are scarce worth reading. Newcomers praising unknown brands are pure shills.

mscdman

Reaction score
Ok, first off, yes I am a new member on here and this is my first post. I have been reading the threads and why all the conspiracy theories about only new posters/member only posting positive reviews or positive reviews being only bots. Paranoid much?

Anyway I have ordered from Harry Suits and here is my review and opinions. I will say I have ordered OTR, from Indochino, Harry Suits, and Astor & Black (I think they are out of business). I will say the best fitting of the 4 has been Indochino, but it was also 2x as much as Harry Suits and the Astor suit was $1200 custom made and fell apart after only a few wears. I don't get all the hate with Harry Suits. I love mine! I ordered an Irish Linen suit for an upcoming derby party. Here are the pros and cons of Harry Suits:

Pros:
* Well priced and fast shipping - I got my suit within a few weeks

* Suit fit OK; Pants fit perfect - I got custom measured at a reputable tailor. It required about $60 in alterations and now is totally perfect

*Fabric samples I ordered were true to the suit that was provided

* Suit seems well made to me

Cons:
* Website is shady. Trying to order via CC goes through some weird linked site and is frequently down; I think I wound up having to use paypal which honestly scared me. That being said the transaction went through and I have had no issues.

* Their website is down frequently and customer service only replies once per day and often does not answer all of your questions

* Alterations are given in a GC vs. actually paid to the tailor :(

Taking it all into account, I am happy with the 1 suit I ordered. It looks fantastic on me after the alterations I needed. I have some questions for the guy who posted photos of the sleeve button issues he had. I can't tell what was wrong...

Anyway - I would definitely order another suit from them. My 2 cents.

element104

Reaction score
Another noob here. Ordered a linen jacket from Harry about a month ago. Quality was very good, though I had ordered contrast pick stitching and they used the wrong color. Unfortunately the shoulders were a complete mess, stiff and peaked. They make the jacket look like something David Bowie wore in the 80's.

Aside from that, I guess my idea of a linen summer jacket and theirs is rather different. I wanted something informal and fun, but the finished result was highly structured. Why would you put 3/4" of padding in the shoulders of a summer jacket?

Local tailor wouldn't touch it. Said the shoulder was integral to the fit of the entire garment, and they could never get it to look right. So I emailed Harry's and told them it would need to be remade. I included photos of myself with and without the jacket, so that they could see the natural slope of my shoulders compared to how the jacket looks.

That was more than a week ago, haven't heard a word in reply. I'll give them another couple days to respond, then I'll contact my credit card company.

Ordering from an online tailor was basically an experiment, but they offer a guarantee, so I expect them to honor it.

element104

Reaction score
Post mortem: after ignoring my emails for about three weeks, I finally woke them up when I accused them of fraud and threatened legal action. Then I got a reply to the effect "Sorry, this is the first communication we have received from you. Maybe some technical issue?"

So I went through the whole spiel again, with pictures and careful explanations for what I wanted, and what was wrong with the first suit. Their response to that was, "Sorry, we do not make the kind of jacket you want."

I pointed out again that it was THEIR guarantee to remake my garment, regardless, and they finally agreed to do so.

I received the remade jacket the other day, and while it is not what I envisioned at all, it at least fits. Now off to a local tailor to see if we can beat it into shape.

My advice: stay far away from these clowns.

Final irony: I ordered a summer jacket from J Peterman that fits perfectly, right out of the box.

DemetriKaravas

Reaction score
I purchased a tweed suit from HarrySuits.com

The Pros:

- Nice Fabric
- Quick turn around (ordered it on June 10 received June 25)
- Suit looks great!

The Cons:

- Sleeves are tight on my biceps.
- I can't bend my arms comfortably, work or drive with the jacket on.
- Harry won't honor their perfect fit guarantee and remake the jacket
- Local tailor says the sleeves can't "let out" as there isn't enough fabric.

Harry's did ask a lot of good questions about my measurements but the one measurement they don't ask for is bicep. They do ask for your "build type" which I indicated was muscular.

After going to a tailor Harry's said that they would remake for a 50% discount. I suggested I would visit one more tailor and see if the alternation was possible, if not they should honor their guarantee. I emailed them pictures of me wearing the jacket to illustrate the problem but no longer receive any replies from them.

Had they been willing to remake the jacket I would have not hesitated to order another suit or two from them. Now I'll just stick with my regular suit source.

Regards,

Demetri

RHS2362

Reaction score
I really feel like I've learned a lot from this thread.....

/sarcasm
Put me in this category.

I am a new member who is looking to get a made to measure suit from an online company. The reviews on Harry Suits in this thread are all over the place. They range from terrible to great to it is OK. One poster mentioned he is happy after he spent $60 in tailoring to adjust, so if he spent $250 on Harry's suit, then now he is up to $310.

The short version is I don't have any firmer foundation now after reading 4 pages of Harry Suits reviews.
rotflmao.gif

ACV123

Reaction score
I spent about $1000 on one of Harrys suits and it is falling apart after about 8 wears.

J o s h

Reaction score
This thread reminds me of the one about working for Farmers Insurance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads