• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Doctor Who

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, it was a decent episode. Just agree that the story was a little flat compared to the first two this season. I find myself such a big fan of the show that even the average episodes are somewhat fun and that's how I would classify it.

Last edited:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think there is always a temptation to compare Average DW to Epic DW that is risky. When you look at a series that over a 30 year lifespan has had some of the most classic stories, villains, heros and sidekicks on TV its hard not to compare a mid-season off-arc episode to some of the most memorable finales.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I enjoyed it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't state enough how much I am enjoying the promo art for episodes this season. This is really cool.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone watch the latest? How was it? I'm going to try and catch the episode later this week.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i like the ep. nothing spectacular but it was fun watching them run around with the cubes. the look on Brian's face when they wheeled him off the spaceship had me lol'ing.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The explanation for the cubes felt ridiculous and hollow to me

this is dr. who after all. i did get a kick out of the cube that played the chicken dance song though.

YOLO EMSHI

Reaction score
I'm no Doctor Who expert but normally there is some development throughout the episode before you get to the explanation, this time it just felt like they put in some random villain with an insignificant back story for an easy fix.

Haha yeah that was good.

Definitely looking forward to the next one though, love the weeping angels

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The episode was not about the villain, it was about the Ponds and their relationship with the Doctor. The villain was there because they had to have one, but it was very much about saying good bye. In that regard it was apprpriate to have a villian that was insignificant.

Next episode shall be Amy and Mr Pond's final one with the Doctor. They will be missed.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The aliens with the freaky mouths in the hospital were very much old school Doctor Who.

Has Rory's father been added to the cast so he can be killed off? Moffatt has indicated someone dies.

As far as River goes, her arc has already been resolved when she was trapped in the library computer back during the 10th Doctor's run. As her timeline goes in reverse I don't see exactly what they can (or should) do with her other than not bring her back as often.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads