• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do any of you believe in God?

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjakapeanut
a simple claim isn't an argument.
Perhaps not in the strictest sense, but.. ar·gu·ment    /ˈɑrgyəmənt/ Show Spelled[ahr-gyuh-muhnt] Show IPA –noun 1. an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation: a violent argument. 2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate: They were deeply involved in an argument about inflation. 3. a process of reasoning; series of reasons: I couldn't follow his argument. 4. a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point: This is a strong argument in favor of her theory. ...in claiming anything, you are inadvertedly making an argument for or against something. And you really should know this being a 'super duper awesome' law student.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think we should let the record show that i prefer "super magnificent awesome" over "super duper awesome." it's a pretty important distinction.

and you're still wrong. a logical argument -- the only acceptable kind -- is comprised of a claim supported by reasons.

i simply posted a claim. an opinion. i would never make an argument that no god exists for the same reasons that i would never make an argument that bigfoot doesn't exist or aliens don't exist -- i can't prove it.

even guys like dawkins say that on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being "there is a god" and 10 being "there is absolutely no god" they are only a 9 because you can never truly prove that there is no god. it'd be foolish to try.

that's why i didn't make the argument.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh, guys, I'd be careful arguing with rjackanumbnut here. He really knows his stuff on this topic, and he's done, well, all of the research.

its because we atheists do all of the research and then decide it's all BS.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Uh, guys, I'd be careful arguing with rjackanumbnut here. He really knows his stuff on this topic, and he's done, well, all of the research.

It was already determined that we should immediately defer to rjnutterbutter in any and all situations.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
you worship a copy + pasted religion. sorry if you're not smart enough to figure that out. also don't be so hostile towards my name -- i've stuck with it since the 4th grade.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
you worship a copy + pasted religion. sorry if you're not smart enough to figure that out.

also don't be so hostile towards my name -- i've stuck with it since the 4th grade.

Dammit nut-head I love you. I seriously do. If you or I lived in a state where gay marriage was legal, I'd propose to you.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You make Xenox seem non-combative and terse... and this is coming from someone your age, who is a self-admitted gunner and possibly considering law school somewhere down the line.

If it's full of people like you, then lawyer jokes are well deserved.

p.s you're a polisci major aren't you?

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
You make Xenox seem non-combative and terse... and this is coming from someone your age, who is a self-admitted gunner and possibly considering law school somewhere down the line.

If it's full of people like you, then lawyer jokes are well deserved.

p.s you're a polisci major aren't you?

wait, did you at some point believe that lawyer jokes were NOT well deserved? if so that's incredible.

and yes i'm a polisci major. you?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
It was already determined that we should immediately defer to rjnutterbutter in any and all situations.

Ed, I did all the research, and I've decided he's all BS. Sorry if you're not smart enough to figure that out.

you worship a copy + pasted religion. sorry if you're not smart enough to figure that out.

also don't be so hostile towards my name -- i've stuck with it since the 4th grade.

You don't know anything about how, what, or why I worship. In fact, you don't even know if I worship, so go ahead and wipe all notions you have about my worship habits right out of your head. Also, you'd be well served not to assume you know the first thing about my intelligence.

People actually call you "Peanut?" I think you should be upset with them, rather than with my jabs at it.

rjakapeanut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was pretty sure that i read in another thread (maybe the early pages of this one idk) that you are a christian. if i'm mistaken then i withdraw my insult and i apologize.

my favorite uncle called me peanut before he died. it became my login for everything. i don't have a nickname anymore. stop hating son.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe it's time to "unsubscribe" from this thread ... I'm tired of seeing it pop up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads