• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Discussions about the fashion industry thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

chimpskibot

Reaction score
Does anyone have any articles or think pieces on the current state of high end retail and why there are such deep mid summer sales? Is there that much left over stock? Is the US consumer tapped out?

Also, maybe it’s because I just got into cycling, but has there been a trend where higher end retailers like Mr.porter stock cycling gear? I know SSense has been stocking MAAP and PNS, but it is strange to see Mr.Porter having these brands as well.

Mariokartfever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any articles or think pieces on the current state of high end retail and why there are such deep mid summer sales? Is there that much left over stock? Is the US consumer tapped out?

Also, maybe it’s because I just got into cycling, but has there been a trend where higher end retailers like Mr.porter stock cycling gear? I know SSense has been stocking MAAP and PNS, but it is strange to see Mr.Porter having these brands as well.

Cycling, skiing, tennis, golf. Rich guy activities.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Mr Porter has sold Rapha for years. I got a Brooks saddle at deep discount from them because who would buy a Brooks saddle from a fashion retailer?

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So VF corp offloaded Supreme at a discount price. If anyone's wondering how that era of streetwear is doing.

Rapha ditched their North American office and got rid of their staff. So even rich dude niche sports apparel must be suffering in ways. But niche athletic brands always seem to struggle in ways in North America. Particularly ones from overseas.

But there's probably a multiple million dollar pickle-ball apparel empire being built that I've no idea about.

jack webb

Reaction score
So VF corp offloaded Supreme at a discount price. If anyone's wondering how that era of streetwear is doing.

Rapha ditched their North American office and got rid of their staff. So even rich dude niche sports apparel must be suffering in ways. But niche athletic brands always seem to struggle in ways in North America. Particularly ones from overseas.

But there's probably a multiple million dollar pickle-ball apparel empire being built that I've no idea about.
Pickleball shoes are a thing.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

the price of clothing overall is too high at the high end (no wonder fast fashion is thriving)
we now live in a society where a few are super rich, the masses are dirt poor AND THERE IS A SMALLER (Pseudo) Middle class which seem to either not have enough disposable income to support all of these brands with high prices or/ have other priorities to spend their money on.
there is a reckoning taking place. lots of stores are struggling

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kinda surprising considering it's owned by the Waltons. No wonder any order I place lately has to take a week to drop ship from the UK and then another week to get to my house.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Styleforum Events - Alfargos
Reaction score

Analysts did not like EsilorLuxotica for the purchase, but I guess that the argument in favor is that the brand is running out of eyewear mountains to climb in its licensee business, and this could bring Supreme in in every Sunglass Hut in the world?

sushijerk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newswire says Meta is considering a multibillion euro investment in EssilorLuxotica for next gen of smart glasses. Now with Supreme box logo?

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pharmavends