• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NorthCoast

Reaction score

NorthCoast

Reaction score
I haven't tried it on Natural CXL, but Bick 4 hasn't darkened anything I've ever tried it on.

I love my Bick 4, especially the cleaner, and I agree with this.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whites at ABC Mart Ginza

TH3515

Reaction score
Great pics, daizawaguy!
I've never seen White's in a store. Love the semi-finished exhibition pieces that illustrate the construction of the boots. Heady prices though.

trvlr472

Reaction score
This is a forum for discussion of fashion and a thread for discussion of Whites boots. No one here will be enriched by your racial slurs and gaseous right-wing ignorance. Let's stay on topic, thanks pardner.

Racial slurs?!!! Where?! Right wing?!!! Where? The last thing I am, Blaster, is right wing. I can also assure you I'm no left wing, communist nutbag, like you obviously are. I'm just you're average American. One of those people you clearly don't identify with. I'd suggest a psychiatrist for someone in you're condition because you are imagining things.

As I said, all I did was express my thoughts on "why" ABC Mart, a Japanese company, bought the parent company which now owns Whites. I also pointed out the facts as to why White's and their parent company sold out.to ABC Mart. Like hundreds of other companies, they had no choice. Thanks to our government. I don't see the political connection at all! I just pointed out the facts. I could go on and on with you're obvious mental condition and hate for America but I'll stop right here.

You're just too sorry of a state to waste my time. I actually "work" for a living and pay taxes. My guess, is that I was right. You don't.. You're probably a lazy trust fund baby. Or a government "slacker" which amounts to the same thing while pretending to go to work. In 75% of cases that is since we DO need government while it should be a "limited" government which is a subject you are clearly uneducated on.

Last edited:

trvlr472

Reaction score
Great pics, daizawaguy!
I've never seen White's in a store. Love the semi-finished exhibition pieces that illustrate the construction of the boots. Heady prices though.

In Ogden, Ut there is the "American Cowboy" with about 100 pairs of White's sitting right there on the shelf. That's where I bought my first two pairs. The problem is that only very populated huge cities might have a store with White's on the shelf. Not only that but they may "specialize" in a certain style so they won't have all the various "make-ups". The "American Cowboy" stocks Packers and Smoke Jumpers but not anything else. The salesman, Jed, was VERY knowledgeable on how to fit the boots and allowed me to try on a few different sizes and widths. I ended up with an 11.5 "D" and it works out just fine in my experience. I ordered the same size from Baker's with my last pair and they fit fine.

Rolanberry

Reaction score
Racial slurs?!!! Where?! Right wing?!!! Where? The last thing I am, Blaster, is right wing. I can also assure you I'm no left wing, communist nutbag, like you obviously are. I'm just you're average American. One of those people you clearly don't identify with. I'd suggest a psychiatrist for someone in you're condition because you are imagining things.

As I said, all I did was express my thoughts on "why" ABC Mart, a Japanese company, bought the parent company which now owns Whites. I also pointed out the facts as to why White's and their parent company sold out.to ABC Mart. Like hundreds of other companies, they had no choice. Thanks to our government. I don't see the political connection at all! I just pointed out the facts. I could go on and on with you're obvious mental condition and hate for America but I'll stop right here.

You're just too sorry of a state to waste my time. I actually "work" for a living and pay taxes. My guess, is that I was right. You don't.. You're probably a lazy trust fund baby. Or a government "slacker" which amounts to the same thing while pretending to go to work. In 75% of cases that is since we DO need government while it should be a "limited" government which is a subject you are clearly uneducated on.
"***" is a very offensive and derogatory word to the Japanese. Some people may not be aware of this and will use it as an abbreviation, especially on the internet, but nonetheless....

I'm not even sure why we call the country Japan, when in Japanese, the country is called "Nihon," Germany in German is "Deutschland"....

Went to Japan back in September, was absolutely blown away by how kind and polite everyone is.

I'm a Construction Electrician Apprentice, currently I wear a pair of 13.5D Hathorn Hi-line Smoke-jumpers I bought from Whitesriver for cheap, and a pair of 13EE Wesco Voltfoe Factory Seconds for work. Took me awhile to get over being a cheap-ass, and finally ordered my first pairs of custom boots from Baker's on Black Friday, a pair of Nick's and a pair of White's. Kyle sized me at a 13F.

Confession though, both the White's and Nick's will be Chromexcel leather, so won't be using them for work. Sounds like some who ordered their White's on Black Friday and now starting to get them shipped, so looking forward to it.....

I was quoted 32+ weeks for the Nick's.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Confession though, both the White's and Nick's will be Chromexcel leather, so won't be using them for work. Sounds like some who ordered their White's on Black Friday and now starting to get them shipped, so looking forward to it.....

I was quoted 32+ weeks for the Nick's.

Mildly shocked that they are still that backed up, would also be shocked if they arrived in that window.

BOL with your purchases.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads