• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hellraysaz

Reaction score

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wordfool

Reaction score

Legal Eagles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This reminds me that all the legendary folks are quiet (for some time).
@sambam
@Legal Eagles
@wordfool
@Woodtroll
I feel honored to even be mentioned among such an esteemed group... like @wordfool I still lurk, but also like @wordfool I have enough boots to last me a long time - the darn things never wear out, and when they do you can resole or rebuild them...

Other things have caught my interest since the pandemic started... and I am trying to spend less time on the internet and more in the "real" world with family and friends... but I appreciate the shoutout @chicagoan2016...

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Gents

New to Whites and have been doing a lot of sizing research lately but need a bit more specific of an answer.

For reference I'm a perfectly snug Alden Barrie 11.5D and Viberg 11.5E (standard width)

One stockist I have been looking at has a White's 55 last boot in an 11E and 12E only.
What one would be closest to the boots I already have (Assmining 11.5E is ideal - not an option)

Thanks in advance.
Any thoughts guys?

adrs1157

Reaction score
Any thoughts guys?
Depends on how snug you like your boots. To my feet, 55 fits closer than Barrie and 2030. But I have low volume feet. Barrie and 2030 are very high volume lasts.

Suggest trying the 12E if Barrie and 2030 are already snug.

Nothing beats a good fit though - you might want to confirm the fit of 11.5E 55 last from somewhere. If you buy the 12E and find 11.5E fits better you just wasted your money.

DG123

Reaction score
Hey Gents

New to Whites and have been doing a lot of sizing research lately but need a bit more specific of an answer.

For reference I'm a perfectly snug Alden Barrie 11.5D

One stockist I have been looking at has a White's 55 last boot in an 11E and 12E only.
What one would be closest to the boots I already have

Thanks in advance.

If by "perfectly snug" you mean that your Alden Barrie Lasted shoes are perfect fit, I expect that White's 55 Last size 11.E would be closer to it than a 12E.

mlwdp

Reaction score
5B6D067F-B7D0-4437-B473-17343F02E299.png

Luscombe

Reaction score
Anyone know if Bakers is going to offer a Fathers Day Special?
In the past they have sometimes offered a free horse hide upgrade.

I would be interested in that on a Stevens Cap toe in Burgundy HH.
Current pricing would put that boot at around $1,000 and not sure there is a value proposition there at that price point for me.

Luscombe

Reaction score
I cleaned my Stevens today and treated them to some VSC and a nice sun bath. Thought I would share some photos.
The mocs are Rancourt Rangers in 10oz natural leather., about a month old.

Attachments

• IMG_5258.jpeg
    IMG_5258.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_5257.jpeg
    IMG_5257.jpeg
    478.8 KB · Views: 435

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Anyone know if Bakers is going to offer a Fathers Day Special?
In the past they have sometimes offered a free horse hide upgrade.

I would be interested in that on a Stevens Cap toe in Burgundy HH.
Current pricing would put that boot at around $1,000 and not sure there is a value proposition there at that price point for me.
I asked on Reddit and someone commented they have a father day sale and Black Friday. I plan on ordering a natural and color 8 MP boot

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads