• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chicagoan2016

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got my white's brothers custom 6" cougar boots. ordered them from Kyle at bakers boots...very comfortable right out of the box. i needed boots i can walk in the city all day...these are them...nothing fancy, just a basic black boot with the comfortable vibram sole. best boot of the 13 i already have... awesome!
View attachment 1930847 View attachment 1930849 View attachment 1930851 View attachment 1930853
I really like them.
Are they Ramblers? Asking because that kind of sole was only available on Ramblers?
Is thr leather black dress?
Thank you

Lonebull

Reaction score
I really like them.
Are they Ramblers? Asking because that kind of sole was only available on Ramblers?
Is thr leather black dress?
Thank you
they are called white's "cougar" model. & I forgot, but i want to say they are the black dress leather...whatever Kyle told me he would do...lol i just wanted a cool, simple, black boot that i can wear and walk anywhere. my other boots aren't made for everything. these are!
literally comfortable right out of the box.

Kkibbey23

Reaction score
Just got these from division rd. Been eyeing them for a long time. So far I really really like them. The arch caught me off guard but after a days wear I dig it. Be looking for another pair soon I’m sure.

Attachments

• DF6F2735-77B6-423E-8ADE-011B26146594.jpeg
    DF6F2735-77B6-423E-8ADE-011B26146594.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 296
  • FF88B577-3EA0-48FD-924B-240A1B46EAD0.jpeg
    FF88B577-3EA0-48FD-924B-240A1B46EAD0.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 331

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
Hello guys just reaching out for some sizing advice.

I picked up a stock MPM1 Brown CXL in the MP last on a size 7D. The length is fine maybe just tiny a hair long, but the width at the ball of my foot is very snug with my boot socks.

Should I go with 7E fixing the width but will the boot also get longer? Or should I try a 6.5E which might be wider than the 7D but shorter? Thank you for any input.

DG123

Reaction score

I picked up a stock MPM1 Brown CXL in the MP last on a size 7D. The length is fine maybe just tiny a hair long, but the width at the ball of my foot is very snug with my boot socks.

Should I go with 7E fixing the width but will the boot also get longer? Or should I try a 6.5E which might be wider than the 7D but shorter? Thank you for any input.
If the size 7D heel volume is good I expect 7E is your proper size.
If the 7D heel volume is a bit loose already then, I expect 7.5D will be your proper fit.
Remember for a proper fit "snug at the ball of the foot" is desirable, so if your 7D is just a little bit snug you might want to keep that size. Too tight at the ball is obviously not good but a little bit of snugness is good.

PACostag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone been rocking some distressed smooth lately? Looking for a refresher on how it looks aside from the Google images available. I owned a pair for a brief while a few years back and I'm thinking about going down that same rabbit hole again with a new pair.

CasuallyWorked

Reaction score
If the size 7D heel volume is good I expect 7E is your proper size.
If the 7D heel volume is a bit loose already then, I expect 7.5D will be your proper fit.
Remember for a proper fit "snug at the ball of the foot" is desirable, so if your 7D is just a little bit snug you might want to keep that size. Too tight at the ball is obviously not good but a little bit of snugness is good.
I want to get the 7E but I am not sure if the length will also increase the feel great in the 7D

theofficialhung

Reaction score

You're a 7E. Any length increase from 7D to 7E will be negligible. If you think your ball/flex point is in the right place, don't size down in length.

chicken1616

Reaction score
Some quicks thoughts.

1) Finally figured out a good fix for the old bugaboo of White's boots squeeking.
2) CXL, while I love it, is simply not for boots.
3) PNW last does have its' merits

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some quicks thoughts.

1) Finally figured out a good fix for the old bugaboo of White's boots squeeking.
2) CXL, while I love it, is simply not for boots.
3) PNW last does have its' merits
I wish you would have said something prior to me getting my CXL boots from Wolverine, Viberg, Nicks, and Whites. But since I already have them and can’t figure out what’s wrong with them would you be kind enough to tell me be for I throw them in the trash. Oh, and can you tell me why all my shoes in CXL from Rancourt, Qouddy, Oakstreet Bootmakers, and Carmina will still be Ok? What exactly makes a boot in CXL so much worse than a shoe?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads