• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@pbrmhl I actually ordered them with the brown edge but got the black edge instead. Just don't want to send them back if I can easily sand them put a brown edge. However I do not know what is under the black edge and don't want to go through the trouble if all I find is more black after I sand it..

Last edited:

pbrmhl

Reaction score
Perhaps you can select a small, obscure spot for a quick sand to se if it works? If it doesn't, you can send them back. Returns (and the resulting delays) are a huge hassle!

pbrmhl

Reaction score

Love my new boots.

pbrmhl

Reaction score
Thanks, mogili. I'm surprised no one has criticized my paralace boot laces. I should have sported the bright lime green or bracingly red versions. Seriously, for those contemplating laces, I heartily endorse paralace--they've got a grip that keeps them locked into the eyelets without slippage (if you know what I mean), and are very easy to tie (without slippage). And they come in an impressive panoply of interesting colors, including the old standards. By the way, the shipped laces were cut half-way through at the hook point when I took the boots off after the first day, yesterday. They're now in the trash.

Warpiper

Reaction score

Thanks, mogili. I'm surprised no one has criticized my paralace boot laces. I should have sported the bright lime green or bracingly red versions. Seriously, for those contemplating laces, I heartily endorse paralace--they've got a grip that keeps them locked into the eyelets without slippage (if you know what I mean), and are very easy to tie (without slippage). And they come in an impressive panoply of interesting colors, including the old standards. By the way, the shipped laces were cut half-way through at the hook point when I took the boots off after the first day, yesterday. They're now in the trash.

I made paracord laces for a ton of my boots. That's what I use on my White's. I don't know if you do it the same way, but I strip the the cords out of the middle. That way they lay flat and stay tied better. I found that they don't stay tied as well if you don't gut them first. You can also get electrical shrink wrap to put on the ends to make tips. Or, you can just melt them and crimp with your fingers. There is some pain involved so don't say I didn't warn you.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my size 9.5 E semi-dress brown and I've got them for $300 in my signature if anyone is interested.

chicken1616

Reaction score
Some newer additions to the "stable". I realize some are a little too Western for some tastes, but, hey, they're White's!

Hathorn Travelers in Distressed,
White's 690 Packers in Brown Smooth,
Drew's Buckaroo Packers(by White's) in Black Smooth, Red Dog Smooth, and Rawhide Counters,
Hathorn Bullhide Cowboy in Red Dog,
Hathorn Rancher Western Pull-on in Brown Bison, and
Whites 690 packers in Water Buffalo and Bullhide Sienna

Last edited:

spurs61

Reaction score
Hey, chicken1616, I actually like the Western style. What's your review on the Hathorn Cowboys and Ranchers re. fit, comfort, etc.?

chicken1616

Reaction score
Hey, chicken1616, I actually like the Western style. What's your review on the Hathorn Cowboys and Ranchers re. fit, comfort, etc.?

Interestingly enough, they aren't the same in style. The toe and the heel are different. The Cowboy heel is 90 deg. on the front, while the Rancher is slightly angled bottom to top front to rear. The Cowboy toe is slightly more pointed and lower. They both come lined standard. The arch support is absolutely there, keeping in mind these are slip on fit. I have worn both all day and arch support feels the same as my other White's.The Rancher I have has the 269 sole, the Cowboy the 700. I think that 269 sole is awesome on ice. I wore them last week all day walking on ice, and they are probably one of the best soles I have worn for that. Not too bad in snow, either. The Rancher has a close edge single stitching, while the Cowboy has the double stitching. They both are VERY stout, compared to other cowboy boots. The Rancher has more decorative stitching(toe bug, top stitching). Styling is essentially classic. Which I like. They don't look like the latest fad, but they certainly have substance that you can spot from a mile away. I am probably going to buy the Rancher in Black Bison, also.

spurs61

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, they aren't the same in style. The toe and the heel are different. The Cowboy heel is 90 deg. on the front, while the Rancher is slightly angled bottom to top front to rear. The Cowboy toe is slightly more pointed and lower. They both come lined standard. The arch support is absolutely there, keeping in mind these are slip on fit. I have worn both all day and arch support feels the same as my other White's.The Rancher I have has the 269 sole, the Cowboy the 700. I think that 269 sole is awesome on ice. I wore them last week all day walking on ice, and they are probably one of the best soles I have worn for that. Not too bad in snow, either. The Rancher has a close edge single stitching, while the Cowboy has the double stitching. They both are VERY stout, compared to other cowboy boots. The Rancher has more decorative stitching(toe bug, top stitching). Styling is essentially classic. Which I like. They don't look like the latest fad, but they certainly have substance that you can spot from a mile away. I am probably going to buy the Rancher in Black Bison, also.

yumacool

Reaction score

I'm wondering about your opinion of the Hathorn Travelers. The arch support in those boots is not the same as in a White's semi dress boot -- it is lower, from what I can discern. What is your feeling from wearing them? Do you feel the arch support is adequate? Do you feel that a person who liked the arch support in a White's semi dress would be unhappy with the Hathorn Traveler? I ask because I am thinking of ordering a pair through the mail. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WalteEfird