• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom Suiting Toronto

pablum

Reaction score
Also, Harry Rosen is having a Samuelsohn event right now. I'm loving these fabrics:

I last commissioned a suit through Harry Rosen about a decade ago, so things may have changed, but the service was a glorified M2M offering. They do offer good fabric selection, but the execution leaves much to be desired.

If your plan is to commission multiple pieces and build a wardrobe, I strongly advocate using a single tailor. This way you can refine your pattern over time. It helps if the tailor is easily accessible so that the tailor can learn your style and you can understand the tailor's capabilities.

induere_to

Reaction score
Bespoke dinner jacket is almost complete as I’m assembling the final details. I basted on the turnbacks for the sleeves, and should finish all of the buttonholes by the end of this week.

I usually post the progress in the Ongoing Bespoke Project thread… mostly because I always forget this one exists.

217154E6-5C5D-41EC-8A3F-C6DF9F6F0BC6.jpeg

80A0ACA6-CDBE-4CB5-88B8-442487A3DB89.jpeg

0C9E30C8-068F-4E39-ACCA-14D2577A13B8.jpeg

KWang94

Reaction score
Great stuff. I haven't had anything made by Tim's label (was hoping on jumping on it this job I wanted came through but they turned me down RIP) but I can testify for him. Great attention to detail and he's always busted his ass off to make sure I was happy when he was at SM. Literally, if this dude company hopped, I would follow him without hesitation.

markm259

Reaction score
New here and a bit of a bump on this thread but hoping for some advice and wasn't coming up with anything quite specific enough, but this thread was the closest.

Working on putting my wedding party together and some of the immediate family wants to come along as well to have it all in one day as a group of 6. I was hoping to work with Spier and Mackay as I've been happy with products from there before, but was thoroughly unimpressed with the experience of trying to make a group appointment there and told the gentleman I would be taking my business elsewhere, so I'm left looking for somewhere that I can get some Made to Measure and some OTR suits to accommodate a range in budgets from $500 to ~$1000.

I love Atelier Munro and my experiences with them thus far, but I think they're beyond the budget for a few of the guys.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KWang94

Reaction score
New here and a bit of a bump on this thread but hoping for some advice and wasn't coming up with anything quite specific enough, but this thread was the closest.

Working on putting my wedding party together and some of the immediate family wants to come along as well to have it all in one day as a group of 6. I was hoping to work with Spier and Mackay as I've been happy with products from there before, but was thoroughly unimpressed with the experience of trying to make a group appointment there and told the gentleman I would be taking my business elsewhere, so I'm left looking for somewhere that I can get some Made to Measure and some OTR suits to accommodate a range in budgets from $500 to ~$1000.

I love Atelier Munro and my experiences with them thus far, but I think they're beyond the budget for a few of the guys.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

OTR your best best is probably SuitSupply, although their customer service/in-store associates are for the most part, all total pricks. I've always generally been pretty happy with SM's customer service so if you didn't like dealing with them, SS might be even worse. Those are, really our best options for <$1K in Toronto, unless you're down to go searching on eBay or something.

markm259

Reaction score
OTR your best best is probably SuitSupply, although their customer service/in-store associates are for the most part, all total pricks. I've always generally been pretty happy with SM's customer service so if you didn't like dealing with them, SS might be even worse. Those are, really our best options for <$1K in Toronto, unless you're down to go searching on eBay or something.
Thanks, I've heard similar about SS. Sounds like AM is my only bet and I'll likely end up covering the difference myself for the rest of the guys. I tried to book an appointment for SM and they told me they wouldn't accept a group of 6 and would only serve us if we did 5 of the group one day, and the 6th on another

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drive to Buffalo and hit up J Crew - great deals when on sale, which is imminent these days on a weekly basis.

SpierTeam

Reaction score
Thanks, I've heard similar about SS. Sounds like AM is my only bet and I'll likely end up covering the difference myself for the rest of the guys. I tried to book an appointment for SM and they told me they wouldn't accept a group of 6 and would only serve us if we did 5 of the group one day, and the 6th on another

Hello, markm259.

While we appreciate your interest in our brand, unfortunately at this time we are unable to accommodate appointments for full wedding parties at the same time. Our store/showroom is a relatively small space, and our sales team currently consists of only 3-4 people. As such, trying to measure up a party of 6 or more people during 1 appointment would take several hours and leave our sales team unable to service any other customers in the store.

As an alternative, for wedding parties we normally suggest that the bride & groom make an appointment first to go over styles & colour options for their party. Once they have decided on everyone's outfits, then the other party members can make individual appointments to come in for their own fittings. We find that this is a more efficient method of fitting wedding parties for our sales team, and it gives the group members the freedom to book an appointment at a day/time that is convenient to their schedule.

In any case, congratulations on your engagement, and we wish you the best of luck with your wedding planning.

mispoke

Reaction score
Does anyone have a running list of the top: (1) bespoke; and (2) MTM shops in Toronto now that we are fully post-pandemic?

I tried looking for Brenton & Co but unfortunately, they appear to have closed up shop.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a running list of the top: (1) bespoke; and (2) MTM shops in Toronto now that we are fully post-pandemic?

I tried looking for Brenton & Co but unfortunately, they appear to have closed up shop.
@induere_to , most transparent tailor in Toronto.

KWang94

Reaction score
Tim or Sebastian are the best options in the city IMO. Tim, I to go for sportcoats/trousers (he's worked with me dating back to his SM days and he knows how difficult of a trouser fit I am). Sebastian I've gone to for suits/overcoats (currently having a suit made for my wedding).

Can't really speak to shirtmakers in Toronto though. Used to have shirts made by SM but they always were either inconsistent or shrunk like crazy.

mispoke

Reaction score
Who is Sebastian?

Tim or Sebastian are the best options in the city IMO. Tim, I to go for sportcoats/trousers (he's worked with me dating back to his SM days and he knows how difficult of a trouser fit I am). Sebastian I've gone to for suits/overcoats (currently having a suit made for my wedding).

Can't really speak to shirtmakers in Toronto though. Used to have shirts made by SM but they always were either inconsistent or shrunk like crazy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads