• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

djohns7275

Reaction score
i spoke to lauren about the whiskey cordovan belt . she said at the moment they have a limited stock of whiskey cordovan skins which they would prefer to use for shoes. so at the moment it's a no go . she did say she would keep me updated if things change.

what about a carmina whiskey cordovan belt ? they call their whiskey colour saddle . i will contact betty at carmina and find out the minimum order numbers and price . once i find out the details i will post them on here

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will anyone be interested in C&J Galway2 boot in brown shell cordovan? I haven't thought of other details, but really like this design. So, this boot in brown shell cordovan. This has been previously done for RL in cordovan as Gianni but no longer available. Found the below image on google..
If this would get more traction than the Lindrick id consider joining. Keep in mind, the Gianni had that side stitching (similar to the side broueging on the Lindrick). If you could get them to make it exactly like the Gianni with the stitching I'd be even more inclined to join.

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If this would get more traction than the Lindrick id consider joining. Keep in mind, the Gianni had that side stitching (similar to the side broueging on the Lindrick). If you could get them to make it exactly like the Gianni with the stitching I'd be even more inclined to join.

I'll ask about the side stitching from them.
I have enough wingtip shoes at the moment and trying to avoid wingtip in any shape or form though really like the Lindrick.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could be interested in a Gianni if it's on danite. As for the side stitch, I don't really have a preference. I also couldn't find any pictures of a Gianni with a horizontal stitch (not brogue) on the quarter. If anyone has one I'd be interested to see how it looks. Regardless, I'm interested.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could be interested in a Gianni if it's on danite. As for the side stitch, I don't really have a preference. I also couldn't find any pictures of a Gianni with a horizontal stitch (not brogue) on the quarter. If anyone has one I'd be interested to see how it looks. Regardless, I'm interested.

If you look closely, the Gianni that was posted earlier actually has the horizontal stitch. It's curved, like the brougeing on the Lindrick.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you look closely, the Gianni that was posted earlier actually has the horizontal stitch. It's curved, like the brougeing on the Lindrick.

I stand corrected. That was natural creasing that I saw. I always thought the Gianni has the curved stitch. But it seems I was mistaken.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is anybody interested in C&J Onslow model? Cordovan or some grain leather?

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even I am not too keen on Leather sole,and would like a sole that has some traction. For the side stitch, you're right Gianni didn't have one.

Guys,

How is supply of whisky shell? How about Gianni in Whiskey shell?

I think with whiskey shell the wait can be longer and it won't happen before 2017. Also, I personally find brown cordovan more versatile.

I stand corrected. That was natural creasing that I saw. I always thought the Gianni has the curved stitch. But it seems I was mistaken.
Yep, there is no side stitch.

does that make 3 of us potentially interested at this time,

@Gabru
@mosy
@KPDarb

I'll report back here with pricing etc. once I hear back from C&J..

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even I am not too keen on Leather sole,and would like a sole that has some traction. For the side stitch, you're right Gianni didn't have one.

I think with whiskey shell the wait can be longer and it won't happen before 2017. Also, I personally find brown cordovan more versatile.

@Gabru

@mosy

@KPDarb

Yes I'm intersted. But only on double leather sole.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Gabru

@mosy

@KPDarb

I would also be interested. Whiskey or dark brown, funds permitting (in the midst of a home remodel).

louisnkh

Reaction score

@Gabru
@mosy
@KPDarb

Can you pls count me in first? But I would wait for further details of this boot to make a final decision.

wooksb

Reaction score

@Gabru
@mosy
@KPDarb

I'd be down for a Whiskey or Dark Brown Gianni. I will go with the majority on any make-up details (Dainite or double leather, sticthing, etc.).

Gabru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Adding to the list for Gianni GMTO -

@Gabru
@mosy
@KPDarb
@hoit1981
@louisnkh
@wooksb

That makes it 50% of the required 12 orders. Here is the make up I propose, feel free to suggest changes -

Model: Galway2
Upper: Dark Brown Shell Cordovan
Last: 325
Width: Standard E (US D)
Edging: Antique
Sole: Dainite Sole in Dark Brown with a thin leather mid-sole OR Double Leather
Welt: Flat Welt
Eyelets: Dark Brown Eyelets & Speedhooks (4+4)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solarpanel3000