• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

if its 8.5 ill take them off your hands

10.5D. Sorry!!! I just got a 10D...

smoothie1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The color of the old Polo line version of Marlows/Darltons was truly excellent. The newer shell for Ralph Lauren is definitely darker, and the last for the bluchers may have been tweaked slightly.

Are these from the Polo line @mdubs?

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
The color of the old Polo line version of Marlows/Darltons was truly excellent. The newer shell for Ralph Lauren is definitely darker, and the last for the bluchers may have been tweaked slightly.

Are these from the Polo line @mdubs?

@smoothie1 no they are not Polo line, but I bought them about 2-3 years back and who knows how long they sat on the shelf before I bought them...

-Mike

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you guys touch this up? Bending in the soles of my marlows has caused them to crackle and the factory edge dressing has been coming off? Parts still remain, though. I thought about sanding them down and applying that clear edge dressing from AE. Thoughts?

For reference, here's what I did for my Alden Cigar edges. You can also just buy edge dressing from AE, they offer a variety of colors.

I scuffed up the edge trim on one of my cigar PTB's this week. I've no idea how it occurred. I didn't want to use a dark brown edge trim as I wanted to keep the visible layers of the stacked leather sole. I only have brown & black edge trim, both AE branded.

To add color to the scuff, I touched it up with AE's Walnut cream polish ("Premium Shoe Polish" in the tube). For reference, AE's walnut shoes are a light to medium brown. I then applied a thin layer/small amount of AE's brown carnauba wax polish to the entire edge trim. IMO it came out well.

Before & After pics below. In the before images, I bumped up the exposure & sharpening to make the damage more easily visible.

Before:

After:

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For reference, here's what I did for my Alden Cigar edges. You can also just buy edge dressing from AE, they offer a variety of colors.
Thanks.
fing02[1].gif
Will try this out.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Not C&J, but a good alternative to the Marlow.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Cordo...dwvar_037H_Color=BLCK&contentpos=43&cgid=0522

Unbelievable value. Will be even cheaper on the 26th.

Those are Alden Wingtip Balmorals made on the "Plaza Last". I have them in both Color 8 (Burgundy) and Black Shell. Absolutely terrific model. Unfortunately, they haven't been restocked in a long time.

To me, they serve a slightly different role in my wardrobe than the Marlow due to their color and the fact that they are a balmoral.

-Mike

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random questions for those of you who have the boots:

Which boot socks do you prefer?

I have a super thick alpaca pair I love but is falling apart. The socks made a size 8.5 calfskin Marlow fit perfectly, and I was sure id need a 7.5 on that last (SA said the same last for the Lindrick, which I first asked about).

Reaction score
Recently picked up a pair of Marlow wingtips (9) and penny loafers (9.5) from Eddie. Beautiful shoes. The wingtips fit great. The penny loafers however, due to a combination of skinny heals and my left foot being smaller, may take a bit of work. I'll play around with some thicker insoles and tongue pads before making a final decision. For what it's worth, I tried both the 9 and 9.5 in my local RL store prior to purchasing and as others have noted previously in this thread, sizing down in the penny loafers was not comfortable for my larger right foot.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vidaliaJule