• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cost of MTM trouses in nyc

Iyor

Reaction score
I have a Zegna suit jacket that I lost the trousers to. I called Zegna in NYC, and they wanted to charge me $595 to make a new pair MTM; I believe including cloth. I was thinking of just buying the cloth from them, and have the trousers made by a tailor of my own. My question is who would be a good tailor who would take the job, and if it is worth it. I suspect a place like bhambi, or wilfred would charge me significantly more. The tailor I usually use is flair on 46th street, who I will give a call to. Would you just let zegna make it?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would Zegna sell you cloth?

Even if so, if you've worn and dry cleaned the suit coat for a while, old coat and new cloth may not quite match, even if they are from the same bolt originally.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Iyor
I have a Zegna suit jacket that I lost the trousers to. I called Zegna in NYC, and they wanted to charge me $595 to make a new pair MTM; I believe including cloth. I was thinking of just buying the cloth from them, and have the trousers made by a tailor of my own. My question is who would be a good tailor who would take the job, and if it is worth it. I suspect a place like bhambi, or wilfred would charge me significantly more. The tailor I usually use is flair on 46th street, who I will give a call to. Would you just let zegna make it?

My personal take is let Zegna do the whole thing, as your main objective is to have the pants match with the suit...if you can be sure to get the fabric that will match, i guess you can do use other tailor.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Iyor

Mr. Ned will make trousers using your own cloth, as will LS (the Izzy guy - do a search). The latter uses a trouser maker in Brooklyn, who you could try to use yourself for abou half the price (in the $100 rather than $200 range). I have used both Mr. Ned and LS with good results and would recommend them. I don't remember the Mr. Ned Price but it is around $200 but could be less.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Mr. Ned will make trousers using your own cloth, as will LS (the Izzy guy - do a search). The latter uses a trouser maker in Brooklyn, who you could try to use yourself for abou half the price (in the $100 rather than $200 range). I have used both Mr. Ned and LS with good results and would recommend them. I don't remember the Mr. Ned Price but it is around $200 but could be less.
I was looking into this a few months ago and several posts on the board led me to believe that he was no longer doing this. He wasn't well or something (don't quote me on that). I never contacted the guy but that was the impression I got. Unless I'm thinking of someone else because I thought he was in LI rather than Brooklyn. His name escapes me at the momen.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
I thought he was in LI rather than Brooklyn. His name escapes me at the momen.

Dario Rodriguez, Staten Island.

Knowledge is King

Reaction score
Eredi Pisano does MTM trousers. Last I checked (sometime early this year) they charged $450. It could be more now though given that the Euro has appreciated so much.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Dario Rodriguez, Staten Island.

Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

As I said, I believe that he's no longer taking on clients. Personal, at least. Perhaps he's still doing the work with Izzy.

Anyone know if this is the case? I guess I could always call him since his number's on this board somewhere and I have it written down but not planning on using his services at the moment.

Iyor

Reaction score
Well they seemed to have made a mistake, and now can't locate the fabric. Is there any other places I would be able to get zegna cloth from?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Yeah, that's it. Thanks.

As I said, I believe that he's no longer taking on clients. Personal, at least. Perhaps he's still doing the work with Izzy.

Anyone know if this is the case? I guess I could always call him since his number's on this board somewhere and I have it written down but not planning on using his services at the moment.

I think he'll take clients but production time is on the order of 6 months since he's been in poor health recently.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knowledge is King
Eredi Pisano does MTM trousers. Last I checked (sometime early this year) they charged $450. It could be more now though given that the Euro has appreciated so much.

I think I've been to eredi about 5 times, 3 of those times someone was yelling at the salesgirl about a botch MTM/alteration job.

Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I think he'll take clients but production time is on the order of 6 months since he's been in poor health recently.

I'm sorry to hear that, he was in our offices a few months back and seemed fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads