• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Likely lighter
I would lean toward three pendants in a metal finish to match the pulls on the cabinets. The style of the cabinets is fairly traditional, so either something so minimalist it effectively disappears or something similarly traditional

brokencycle

Reaction score
Tough to say without more info on how substantially similar the style is. Like if the style is very similar, why change at all?

Like for cabinets are you thinking about a similar design with a darker stain? For the counters are you staying granite? Are you thinking of changing pattern/color palette?

That being said, I agree with Sugar's generic advice - go minimalistic or go traditional. I would avoid modern linear fixtures and the trendy "modern farmhouse" fixtures in that kitchen. I tend to think multiple pendents will likely look better (3 small or 2 medium)

absolem

Reaction score
does anyone have recommendations for garment racks? I'm looking for something with a small visual footprint with two rods in it to go in a spare bedroom/dressing room. Not totally sure about the long term location so Im thinking a wall system is too much commitment.

LukasK

Reaction score
Sharing two rare czech floor lamps. Left one is shiny brass with glass ball and was made by Kamenický Šenov. Right one has wooden base and glass top and was made by ÚLUV.
IMG_1107.jpeg

brokencycle

Reaction score
Sharing two rare czech floor lamps. Left one is shiny brass with glass ball and was made by Kamenický Šenov. Right one has wooden base and glass top and was made by ÚLUV.
View attachment 2227471

The Czechs make some cool stuff. Too bad they've been occupied by backwards nations frequently.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the sideboard I've been wanting through the local DWR outlet at ~60% off! It does have some minor damage on the left side but isn't even noticeable with my placement and can be easily repaired.

Big fan of Muuto, I have a lot of their stuff now and often gravitate towards it before even knowing the brand

Enfold tall/wide in dusty green

unnamed (4).jpg

Attachments

• unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 111

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a desk when space is at a premium? The living area in my condo is not very spacious but I would like to add some kind of desk/shelving system so my laptop and some other items can get off my dining. I've come across these two options and was hoping I could get other ideas from here. I did some web searches for murphy/fold-down desk but wasn't too enthused by the options.

Room
IMG_4732.jpg

Distance to show some size of room

IMG_4731.jpg

Up close for a better view of where I want to put the options. Red arrow can't accept more than 28", left arrow can go up to 60+" to meet the credenza but I want ~32" to leave some open space (I also have a firewood rack I place there in winter).

Options

img92xl.jpg

West Elm 28" to fit snug in the nook with the red arrow. However, I do not like that it will jut out 19" which will interfere with the dining although the desk depth would be great for a laptop and monitor setup or laptop and keyboard.

willow-modular-wall-desk-xl.jpg

West Elm 32" would go against the larger wall with the yellow arrow. There's plenty more room here but I'm worried about cluttering the space up. The desk depth is 16'' so less likely to interfere with dining but much less working room - there's a good chance a monitor/keyboard won't fit with a laptop.

81KlldeCqpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Amazon option similar to 1/2. Cheaper than the previous two, in between the two width-wise but more depth than either so still concerned about interference and also workspace.

Would appreciate your thoughts or if you have suggestions I may be overlooking (I'm open to DIY or modular but price sensitive). I thought I posted a similar question on here some time-ago but it didn't pop up on search.

brokencycle

Reaction score
Any suggestions for a desk when space is at a premium? The living area in my condo is not very spacious but I would like to add some kind of desk/shelving system so my laptop and some other items can get off my dining. I've come across these two options and was hoping I could get other ideas from here. I did some web searches for murphy/fold-down desk but wasn't too enthused by the options.

Room
View attachment 2247847
Distance to show some size of room

View attachment 2247849
Up close for a better view of where I want to put the options. Red arrow can't accept more than 28", left arrow can go up to 60+" to meet the credenza but I want ~32" to leave some open space (I also have a firewood rack I place there in winter).

Options

img92xl.jpg

West Elm 28" to fit snug in the nook with the red arrow. However, I do not like that it will jut out 19" which will interfere with the dining although the desk depth would be great for a laptop and monitor setup or laptop and keyboard.

willow-modular-wall-desk-xl.jpg

West Elm 32" would go against the larger wall with the yellow arrow. There's plenty more room here but I'm worried about cluttering the space up. The desk depth is 16'' so less likely to interfere with dining but much less working room - there's a good chance a monitor/keyboard won't fit with a laptop.

81KlldeCqpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Amazon option similar to 1/2. Cheaper than the previous two, in between the two width-wise but more depth than either so still concerned about interference and also workspace.

Would appreciate your thoughts or if you have suggestions I may be overlooking (I'm open to DIY or modular but price sensitive). I thought I posted a similar question on here some time-ago but it didn't pop up on search.

A similar option is BluDot: https://www.bludot.com/hitch-bookcase-desk.html? which is 28" W by 17" deep.

Alternatively you could look for something that folds up. I don't have any great suggestions - google comes up with this one from Pottery Barn: https://www.potterybarn.com/product...olution/?pkey=s~wall mount desk~99&position=8

Or this place in the UK which presumably will be expensive to ship: https://pithandstem.com/product/droptop-single-light/

They would give you ~22" deep when working but only take up 4-5" deep when closed.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If something sitting out 17" from the wall will be an issue with the dining table, I think you will want to think of other options. I would throw some painters tape on the floor with the dimensions of the desk and put the chair I will sit it to gauge if it is the best location.

The space looks small but maybe you could pull the table closer to the hallway a bit for more room? I realize it would throw off the look but I don't see much else you can do.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlawton89