• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anyone have recs for wall-mounted desks with or without some shelving options? Our tiny breakfast nook is now permanently my wife's office and I'm trying to find a desk solution that saves floor space yet is still big enough to be comfortable for her (large apple monitor, some books, etc). Ideally standing height. She didn't like the vitsoe (too officey). I was looking at the Cadovius system and it comes in oak which would go with our other stuff, but those angled brackets seem like they might get in the way. maybe not. And I think the desk unit is only 28" wide or something.

p.s. I had a good laugh at previous desk discussions in search, esp the Napoleon Ambrosi pents.

@emptym did you get the Jonas sofa? We were looking at that, but decided on something else.

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
oops pic
cadovius.png

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
whoa, that's kinda cool. I like that the display can be sorta tucked in to the back. hmmm

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll put in my obligatory good word for the very expensive and very awesome as4 system by Atlas Industries

7F8D1B51-BBD4-405C-AF99-74D284992C5B.jpeg

^ you can of course design a much simpler system than that and the cold-rolled steel standards system is solid AF… no need for clumsy brackets

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I’ll put in my obligatory good word for the very expensive and very awesome as4 system by Atlas Industries

View attachment 1847236

^ you can of course design a much simpler system than that and the cold-rolled steel standards system is solid AF… no need for clumsy brackets
This is lovely, but the depth of the desk portion seems suitable only for typing directly on a laptop. Add a monitor to that, and the keyboard would be right at the edge. Might be able to make it work by wall-mounting the monitor, though.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
oh that's nice @gdl203 thank you! This might be the solution. White oak with steel frame will look good for us. And the desk unit is available in a couple sizes that I think should work for her. I will see if I can figure out their... configur-er.

thank u

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m into this hidden TV setup

and it is an “above the fireplace” install that doesn’t require you to crane your neck up.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That one from Atlas looks really sturdy. I’ve built a couple brackets in preparation for sturdy floating shelves. The wall mounted brackets are normally pretty flimsy, so I made some that mount on the sides of the stud. I can lift myself up by these without them flexing.

DA220870-B46F-4583-8572-4EEB834273BE.jpeg

CE10F0FE-336A-41F1-96EF-20E9DDE854A1.jpeg

E5016A12-AE31-455A-AF40-E366737D568E.jpeg

Planing to Bore holes on site with this:

3796FD88-E0DF-413C-A410-08B2F94DBFBB.jpeg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Impressive... and even more impressive that a homeowner thought about shelving as part of the construction of the house, allowing you to start from the studs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads