• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

from this picture, I like the way the shoulders & chest look on you a little better than your Steed jackets. Everything below the buttoning point seems shortened though. Is it actually shorter than your other jackets or is it just an illusion caused by pocket placement, buttoning point, etc?

It's at least a tad short, maybe two tads.
Otherwise, great suit.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i-c4C4VbT-XL.jpg

You know, Clark, this isn't the best way to continue concealing your secret identity.

Perhaps on your next commission you could be the first to ask for the dart to not only run all the way down to the hem but that it extend all the way up to the shoulder. The full frontal dart. If it catches on here they may name it after someone you know. The Voxdartoria Model #1

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Perhaps on your next commission you could be the first to ask for the dart to not only run all the way down to the hem but that it extend all the way up to the shoulder. The full frontal dart. If it catches on here they may name it after someone you know. The Voxdartoria Model #1

You could also add a removable belt to the full-frontal dart to create a Norfolk jacket effect, which would be handy when in Norfolk. The people there look upon outsiders with suspicion, I hear.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Doc, you always can take things to the next level. You are a Steve Jobs kinda visionary. I respect that about you!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Doc, you always can take things to the next level. You are a Steve Jobs kinda visionary. I respect that about you!

Thank you, but in this case I must admit my thinking was influenced by previous incidents in Shetland, Nantucket and, rather unexpectedly, a small Alabama town called Angora. They do not take kindly to outsiders, and they were not fooled by my Shaggy Dog.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

You could also add a removable belt to the full-frontal dart to create a Norfolk jacket effect, which would be handy when in Norfolk. The people there look upon outsiders with suspicion, I hear.

This could be the next new thing to follow the blazer suit with swappable buttons. Full frontal dart by day for business and norfolk for weekends in the country, all in one jacket. Made with one trouser and one pair of plus 4's.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perhaps the plus 4s can be plus 2s that transform into plus 4s and shorts as needed. The latter being for wear with one's pith helmet, of course.

But there's still untapped potential here. I'm thinking with a little ingenuity, some extra inlays and a few removable buttons to pin along the full-length dart, Vox could have the first SB that transforms into a DB. We'll call it the 2-roll-DB.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Front and back darts on trouser legs are so passe. All of mine have sidebody's, or "side-legs" if you will.

Fish-cut, I mean fishnet!

backseam-fishnet-thigh-high-stockings.jpg

Last edited:

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, you silly boys. Your suggestions are both baroque and conventional.
Instead of what the two of you suggest, I might explore explore putting in a long, waistband to 2" cuff dart on both the front and rear of each pant leg. Naturally, these will be lapped seams, topstitched impunutura with little nubs.
I asked NOBD to micro-photograph the nubs of the test run at high magnification (as only NOBD can). Each nub, at1000x, looks like this:
:foo:
I know, so you don't even need to say it: the sheer artistry!
The long front and back trouser dart will make ordinary creases look rather pedestrian.

:laugh:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads