• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Computer Bag

Oligarch

Reaction score
Take a look at Briggs and Riley. I have a Tumi leather laptop bag, which I bought a few years ago. Its generally served me well, but in my experience is liable to break a few times in a few years, at which point you'll have to send it out for servicing -- assuming you can do that easily. Frankly, I find it quite frustrating to be traveling in Siberia and have a laptop bag's strap break on me for the 3rd time in 2 years, but that's just me.

I have a whole set of Briggs and Riley bags, have abused them well (overpacking, taking them to the worst airports on horrible airlines), and have only had to send in one bag to be fixed -- and even that repair was a minor internal one. Their warranty is great -- lifetime, covers airline damage, and you don't have to buy from an "authorized dealer" so can get good deals on ebay, etc. and still be covered.

On style vs. practicality -- I went for style with the Tumi bag and chose one of their messenger bags. I really wished I'd gone for one of the IMHO uglier ones that are open to access when the bag is slung on your shoulder and you're walking/running and trying to get to things in a hurry.

Skyler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bartil
How much did you pay for one of those Walden bags? Do you think it's of better quality than any of Swaine, Adeney & Brigg's comparisons (for example the Westminster 3)? It looks like a very beautiful bag, nontheless!

Mine was @ $900. I can't make a comparison either w/ the Swaine or Adeney & Briggs as I'm not familiar w/ those save for the names.

Re: the Mulholland that Will refers to, however, I can comment: there is simply no comparison. My experience w/ Mulholland - and it is not insignificant - is that they wear poorly and wear out fast. They're made in China and feel like it. Compare for example the Angler's bag in bridle.

Ed's bags, on the other hand, are made by hand in his own studio. The photos on the website - the hairy arms w/ needle and thread - that's Ed.

infurmia

Reaction score
Have you checked out the Holts on Bloor? They have a nice selection of men's bags in your price range. Last time I was looking for a laptop bag I saw plenty similar to what you are looking for there. If you want to save a few dollars you could find one you like, then buy it online for less.

cheez80

Reaction score
i've been using a porter x buzz rickson's bag that i picked up at selfedge, but i think that may be too "casual" for most of the people here. it also won't take a 15" macbook pro -- my air fits perfectly though.

ClaretandBlue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bafield
Skyler, This was not what I was looking for at all. However, after I saw this bag I had to have it. I just placed my order this morning and it is shipping this afternoon. I bought a Vegetable Tanned Maverick model. Can't wait to get it. Thanks, Barry
Very similar (from what I can tell) to the bag I use, though not strictly for my laptop. I like your style!
55XHA3FH.jpg
Around ~$350 at Orvis I think.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Berluti 1 jour. I think they are about $1500. Its a beautiful bag and very light. Ive held one and its much lighter to a similarly sized PVD burberry bag I own.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Saddleback Leather computer bag.

Take the money you save and send it to me or go on a trip somewhere or buy new clothes or whatever else you can do with the extra grand or so.

First time I've heard of this company. That's a sharp looking case, and I love the humour that permeates through the site.

acconrad

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Crane's
Saddleback Leather computer bag.

Take the money you save and send it to me or go on a trip somewhere or buy new clothes or whatever else you can do with the extra grand or so.

Originally Posted by pdial
+1 The quality is unmatched.

Originally Posted by Spatlese
First time I've heard of this company. That's a sharp looking case, and I love the humour that permeates through the site.

+5000000

First time I saw this site I was like:

holy ****, this shop is legit AND reasonably priced.

i'm picking up a bag AND a slim wallet from them. SO pumped.

pdial

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acconrad
+5000000

First time I saw this site I was like:

holy ****, this shop is legit AND reasonably priced.

i'm picking up a bag AND a slim wallet from them. SO pumped.

I didn't know they had wallets now. I haven't checked out the site in a long time. I'm going to have to get one of those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads