• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Company that accepts body measurements online for MTM shirts?

Reaction score
Is there a reputable company that makes made to measure shirts and accepts measurements (at least for collar size, sleeve length AND CHEST) online?

I prefer one based in Europe, but I need one that can deliver to Hong Kong.

I would like to send my body measurements to the company online (either through a website or through email) and also choose the fabric, collar type, etc. online.

Someone from the US is also okay. I know Brooks Brothers have this facility, but the measures are not fully customizable. For example, I cannot input chest measurements. The only customizable features are the collar size and sleeve length.

I want a really high quality shirt costing not more than $500 per shirt.

I know some companies require a minimum number of made to measure shirts. I don't mind.

Kempt

Reaction score
At $500 a shirt why don't you buy a plane ticket to visit a decent tailor who will make an actual pattern for you?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kempt
At $500 a shirt why don't you buy a plane ticket to visit a decent tailor who will make an actual pattern for you?

I tend to agree.
Take a holiday to England or France and visit one of the Jermyn St shirtmakers in London or visit Charvet in Paris.

Alternatively, you could go to Tokyo, or you could even stay at home, as there are plenty of shirtmakers in HK.

I don't know any "high end" shirtmakers who accept measurements online as most "high end" shirtmakers prefer to see their customers in person, at least the first time. However, if you do want to order shirts online, you could always investigate the following:

Jantzen Tailor (in HK):
http://www.jantzentailor.com/

Tailorstore:
http://www.tailorstore.au.com/fabrics/business

Nialma shirts:
http://www.nialma.com/

Or, you could try "myTailor" (Joe Hemrajani), as recommended by the author of the blog "A Suitable Wardrobe":
http://www.mytailor.com/

The blog post by Will of A Suitable Wardrobe is here:
http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/...r-returns.html

Hemrajani looks to have some lovely cloth, with prices for shirts make of some fabrics (such as superfine Albini fabric) reaching up to $379.

I hope that this helps. But really, if you're willing to pay that much, fly somewhere and get yourself measured in person...

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I like tailorstore.com, there's also Jantzen who I havn't tried and MyTailor who I've had less than satisfactory shirts from although they seem liked by others on the forum. I'm not sure whether any of these will produce shirts of $500 quality though, you should really be getting measured in person if you're spending that much.

litho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Nialma shirts: http://www.nialma.com/
+1 If you want the expensive one then look for the 'Black Label' material. it is thomas mason, which i tried and like it after reading about it on the forums

Guero

Reaction score
Hamilton Shirts just initiated such a program with many Thomas Mason fabrics. I haven't tried it yet, but given the very high quality of the shirts I may give it a shot.

www.hamiltonshirts.com

jrobjr

Reaction score
I was thrilled with my Jantzentailor shirt. $58 shipped from HK - three weeks from order to receipt in US. Quality of fabric was great. Thick MOP buttons. About a brazillion different measurements and choices, e.g. 20 or so collar styles, multiple cuff options, plackets, etc...

My only prior experience was with BB semi-custom, but the shirt I received was, at $58.00, worth at least twice the $160.00 (or so) I paid for the BB shirts I have been wearing for years.

If you are intrigued, there are multiple Jantzen threads on this forum.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
If you contact Barrett at TaylorStitch.com, they can do a made to copy program where they take measurements off your favorite shirts and modify accordingly. Also if you are very familiar with measuring the shirt yourself, you can specify which dimensions to make the shirt to. I am waiting on my shirt from him, I believe in a Thomas Mason cloth but I can't really remember exactly what I ordered. Cost is around $150-230 or so and is default with thick mother of pearl from what I was told. I'll probably post results when the shirt arrives, expected turn around is about a month.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cerulean_haecceity
Is there a reputable company that makes made to measure shirts and accepts measurements (at least for collar size, sleeve length AND CHEST) online?

I prefer one based in Europe, but I need one that can deliver to Hong Kong.

I would like to send my body measurements to the company online (either through a website or through email) and also choose the fabric, collar type, etc. online.

I want a really high quality shirt costing not more than $500 per shirt.

Marks and Spencer do made to measure shirts online for between £30 and £55. I may be lucky but I find these fit my body shape well, it is based on one of those biometric programs and it may work for you too.
http://www.marksandspencer.com/Made-...measure-shirts

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your useful inputs.
smile.gif
I will research more about your suggested shirtmakers.

Culverwood: I know about Marks and Spencer, but they don't ship to Hong Kong.
frown.gif
I read that in their website.

By the way, I'm not from Hong Kong. I just want to have the shirts delivered there because Hong Kong is quite lenient with custom duties. I'll have the shirts delivered to my friend there, who will then ship the items to me here in the Philippines.

Flying out abroad is not really an option for me. I've got lots of work (and I'm only 24!).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics