• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

dan138zig

Reaction score
OK, I think so too, better a bit loose than tight. I can always wear thick socks.

How much is the maximum do you think I should pay for these?

Worn twice, the seller says.

Thanks again!

linds_15

Reaction score

Do you think I can get along ok with a pair of 43? Or should i wait for someone who's selling a 42? FYI 9.5 Sperry fits pretty snug but still comfortable and 9 UK Clarks DB are pretty relaxed (about 0.5" of toe room). Now feetlot.com says that CP's sizing is the same as Clarks and 0.5 bigger than Sperry. And how often does a used pair of grey low CP put up on sale? Anyone's response is really appreciated because the auction ends in 24 hours. Thanks!

i wear a 10.5/11, mostly 11, and wear a 44 but i would wear a 43 if they werent too snug. my 44's are a little long, but the 43 was just too tight. i dont have particularly wide feet but achilles are quite narrow. i wear a 43 in almost all my other CPs.

dan138zig

Reaction score
I see, so the achilles is indeed a bit smaller than the other models. Thanks for the info, mate.

Do you think 140 GBP is a reasonable price for a pair of pre-owned but like new achilles?

Last edited:

yoyoyo

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of the Achilles Low Suede in Grey from Ssense this past winter and I've only been wearing them for a few months (just walking no running around in them) and now and have a tear near the lace inlets. I bought CPs because they're known for their quality but this was pretty disappointing.
Does anyone know how I should go about repairing/replacing these? Should I contact ssense? or common projects directly? I've sent the main common projects email address from their site an email already and haven't gotten a response back yet. Anyone else experience this with the suede cps?

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shoes look ******* trashed.

They're a full suede shoe and won't wear like a full leather.

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah looks like you beat the hell out of those things. just walking for a few months?

having said that, the suede should not just rip under normal use. i tried contacting CP directly about laces and also got no response. maybe try a local cobbler?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had those exact same shoes and mine have held up perfectly. What the hell did you do to your shoes? You have to rotate them man.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No show socks fellas, c'mon...

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is my Tournament low size the same as my Achilles Hi size? I'm a 45 in the Achilles and 44 in the desert chukka, FYI. No width issues. Thanks in advance CP gurus!

Last edited:

lakersfan8357

Reaction score
This question has been asked many times before but I'm new here so bear with me.
I'm a sz US 10 in most shoes(Nike, Adidas, Vans) so would I size down to an EU 42?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads