• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I purchased a pair of the Achilles Low Suede in Grey from Ssense this past winter and I've only been wearing them for a few months (just walking no running around in them) and now and have a tear near the lace inlets. I bought CPs because they're known for their quality but this was pretty disappointing.
Does anyone know how I should go about repairing/replacing these? Should I contact ssense? or common projects directly? I've sent the main common projects email address from their site an email already and haven't gotten a response back yet. Anyone else experience this with the suede cps?

Those shoes look ******* trashed.

They're a full suede shoe and won't wear like a full leather.

You've obviously been doing things that aren't meant for soft suede shoes...I have pair of CPs from 06 and all so grey bball suede highs and they have no tears, just normal wear/dirt. And honestly imo suede wears much better than leather since the creases don't show as much.

dan138zig

Reaction score

This question has been asked many times before but I'm new here so bear with me. 
I'm a sz US 10 in most shoes(Nike, Adidas, Vans) so would I size down to an EU 42?

not to add to the confusion but I'm size 10 too and after many research I concluded 43 would be OK because people say 9,5 US is equal to 42 in CP and I wanted my feet to be able to breath.

I'm a 9.5-10 in nike and wear 41.

you're the first person I've ever heard saying that. people would suggest 42 for 9.5-10 in nike.

Last edited:

Leather

Reaction score
Depends how wide your foot is. If you're 9.5-10 in nike with a narrow foot, I'd suggest a 41.

linds_15

Reaction score

This question has been asked many times before but I'm new here so bear with me. 
I'm a sz US 10 in most shoes(Nike, Adidas, Vans) so would I size down to an EU 42?

depends on the model as well. if you are talking achilles low, you could also be a 43 if you have a bit of a wider foot. im an 11 in nikes and a 43 was just too tight, so i went with a 44 that was a little too long, but fit in the width much better.

random-guy

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of the Achilles Low Suede in Grey from Ssense this past winter and I've only been wearing them for a few months (just walking no running around in them) and now and have a tear near the lace inlets. I bought CPs because they're known for their quality but this was pretty disappointing.
Does anyone know how I should go about repairing/replacing these? Should I contact ssense? or common projects directly? I've sent the main common projects email address from their site an email already and haven't gotten a response back yet. Anyone else experience this with the suede cps?

Funny, just has the EXACT same issue or that EXACT same model a few days ago. A tear appeared after 10 days only walking at the office. Check the pic.
Retailler agreed for a return and refund. Do the same. A shame for CP !

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that you guys lace your sneakers up dry tightly, especially across the ball of your foot. This is going to create a lot of stress on a fairly thin leather. Maybe try a brand like Buttero, which uses a much thicker leather. Or get the winter leather Common Projects.

lakersfan8357

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. I am looking for a pair of white Achilles mids. So I guess I should consider either an EU 42 or 43.

Michael Cheung

Reaction score
Funny, just has the EXACT same issue or that EXACT same model a few days ago. A tear appeared after 10 days only walking at the office. Check the pic.
Retailler agreed for a return and refund. Do the same. A shame for CP !
oh jesus same here.

what should I do? I bought it from Tres Bien.

RGLZ

Reaction score
It seems to me that you guys lace your sneakers up dry tightly, especially across the ball of your foot. This is going to create a lot of stress on a fairly thin leather. Maybe try a brand like Buttero, which uses a much thicker leather. Or get the winter leather Common Projects.

Yeah, what's with all the Rambo lacing?!

Michael Cheung

Reaction score
Just got reply from Tres Bien,

They told me to send it back to them and issue a refund.

It seems like lot of people have this issue, because Tres Bien didn't even ask me anything about this sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads