• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cheaney

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought at the Cheaney outlet the last pair of the CHEANEY FIENNES Derby Veldtschoen Country Boot in Burgundy Grain Leather, which I expect to arrive before next Thursday. They had a 51% discount from their original price.

cheaney-fiennes-derby-veldtschoen-country-boot-in-burgundy-grain-leather-p90-1453_medium.jpg

cheaney-fiennes-derby-veldtschoen-country-boot-in-burgundy-grain-leather-p90-1452_medium.jpg

I'm sure these have been discontinued a while. Great looking boots!

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure these have been discontinued a while. Great looking boots!
The Fiennes celebrate almost ten years since they were launched at the end of 2012 "as part of a collection inspired by the great explorers", as they mention on their Facebook page. I don't know when they discontinued them, but there was only one pair in the outlet, precisely in my size.

Cheaney FIENNES.jpg

twixie

Reaction score
Basically the same boots as Bowland but n a different last, the wonderful 12508 !

Boggis

Reaction score
Do you have any photos of them on foot? I haven’t really seen them as they would look when worn.

I must say they are becoming more and more appealing
Sure, wearing them today so I've snapped a few angles

20220405_160929.jpg 20220405_160819.jpg

Attachments

• 20220405_160929.jpg
    20220405_160929.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 22

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought at the Cheaney outlet the last pair of the CHEANEY FIENNES Derby Veldtschoen Country Boot in Burgundy Grain Leather, which I expect to arrive before next Thursday. They had a 51% discount from their original price.

cheaney-fiennes-derby-veldtschoen-country-boot-in-burgundy-grain-leather-p90-1453_medium.jpg

cheaney-fiennes-derby-veldtschoen-country-boot-in-burgundy-grain-leather-p90-1452_medium.jpg
They should have arrived last Wednesday or, at the latest, Thursday, but it was not the case this time.

The day before yesterday I received a response to an email in which I asked if they had any problems and why I had not yet received confirmation of the shipment. This is what they wrote:

"Good Morning

Thank you for your e-mail.

There is no issue with the availability of the footwear, the boots you have ordered are a discontinued style hence the sale price, however all our reduced price outlet stock is held at our outlet store in the O2, London.

Our courier is due to deliver the stock for your order to our head office today, it could be here as late as 3pm, if this is the case it will be shipped tomorrow. However if it arrives earlier in the day we will do our best to get the order packaged and sent today.

You will of course receive a further e-mail when the order has shipped with the tracking details and we trust that the boots will arrive safely with you before the Easter weekend."

However, yesterday I received the following message:

tEXXmZi.jpg

"Thank you for placing an order with us.

The boots have just arrived with us from store and unfortunately they are not good enough quality to send to you.

They appear to have been polished with a much darker polish, which has also transferred onto the inner linings of the boots

Please accept my apologies for this.

We don’t have another pair to replace it with so on this occasion I have cancelled the order and reversed the payment

Sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment caused by this

Kind regards".

Anyway, a shame because I really liked those boots. I also felt like it's a bit of a strange excuse, so I asked to see some photos to decide for myself if the cosmetic issues were enough to cancel my order, as it could go by like "seconds". This was their answer:

"I am afraid we would not be willing to sell them to you as they are simply not good enough and not a true reflection of our quality

Sorry it not better news."

Oh, well, they were not for me...

nh10222

Reaction score
They should have arrived last Wednesday or, at the latest, Thursday, but it was not the case this time.

The day before yesterday I received a response to an email in which I asked if they had any problems and why I had not yet received confirmation of the shipment. This is what they wrote:

"Good Morning

There is no issue with the availability of the footwear, the boots you have ordered are a discontinued style hence the sale price, however all our reduced price outlet stock is held at our outlet store in the O2, London.

Our courier is due to deliver the stock for your order to our head office today, it could be here as late as 3pm, if this is the case it will be shipped tomorrow. However if it arrives earlier in the day we will do our best to get the order packaged and sent today.

You will of course receive a further e-mail when the order has shipped with the tracking details and we trust that the boots will arrive safely with you before the Easter weekend."

tEXXmZi.jpg

The boots have just arrived with us from store and unfortunately they are not good enough quality to send to you.

They appear to have been polished with a much darker polish, which has also transferred onto the inner linings of the boots

We don’t have another pair to replace it with so on this occasion I have cancelled the order and reversed the payment

Kind regards".

Anyway, a shame because I really liked those boots. I also felt like it's a bit of a strange excuse, so I asked to see some photos to decide for myself if the cosmetic issues were enough to cancel my order, as it could go by like "seconds". This was their answer:

"I am afraid we would not be willing to sell them to you as they are simply not good enough and not a true reflection of our quality

This is probably not what you want to hear right now, but personally, I think they did you a favour. They don't look that good.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
Wow....just checked Cheaney's web page and see some serious price increases have hit the entire product line. The balmoral boots I have been hemming and hawing over are now 530 pounds, up from 479 pounds. I bought these boots in burgundy for 400 pounds not more than 1 year ago. Massive inflation over at Cheaney. I guess my collection stops growing at 5 pairs. Too rich for my blood.

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow....just checked Cheaney's web page and see some serious price increases have hit the entire product line. The balmoral boots I have been hemming and hawing over are now 530 pounds, up from 479 pounds. I bought these boots in burgundy for 400 pounds not more than 1 year ago. Massive inflation over at Cheaney. I guess my collection stops growing at 5 pairs. Too rich for my blood.
I checked this morning their outlet section, as I have been following it after I got cancelled my previous order: prices had increased by 15% in what I was looking for, that now, as a novelty, are shown in my local currency. As my income doesn't grow at the same rate, Cheaney has lost me as a customer, at least for a while.

I decided to go for Berwick, a Spanish brand that seems to have a very good quality/price ratio and a substantial difference in their prices.

Tim Apple

Reaction score
I checked this morning their outlet section, as I have been following it after I got cancelled my previous order: prices had increased by 15% in what I was looking for, that now, as a novelty, are shown in my local currency. As my income doesn't grow at the same rate, Cheaney has lost me as a customer, at least for a while.

I decided to go for Berwick, a Spanish brand that seems to have a very good quality/price ratio and a substantial difference in their prices.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had not heard of Berwick before. Yes, much more affordable than Cheaney. I am shocked at how much they have raised their prices. Of course, everything is going up these days and in many cases, we're forced to pay these higher prices. But shoes are easily a luxury and this is one area where I can radically reduce my spending. I wish I did not wait to buy those balmoral boots. I was so close to buying them on many occasions but even at 479 pounds, I thought that was a huge amount of money. I have them in black and burgundy and would have liked to have completed the collection with the espresso brown pair. Oh well.

carlos20co

Reaction score

"Good Morning

tEXXmZi.jpg

Kind regards".

I just had my order canceled too. I bought a pair of suede trafalgar boots from the outlet last week and the delivery estimate was for today, but instead of a shipping confirmation I just got a email canceling my order with no explanation. I wrote to them last Friday asking precisely about the delivery time and they said they’d be getting the boots from the outlet on Tuesday and they would ship them on that same day or Wednesday at the latest, so I have no idea what happened.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CraigJason