• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
I have 2 pairs of their sterling silver cufflinks, but I've had hundreds of shirts and haven't found them to be long lasting at all.
Shame, because they're very reasonable, they just wear out too quickly!

I haven't worn out any of mine yet but I have heard others who have experienced just that. The thing about TML is the great variety and of course the price...but if they don't last...
I have to confess though I have started buying Harvie and Hudson shirts and I'm very pleased with them, though they're almost twice the price for a TML.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I haven't worn out any of mine yet but I have heard others who have experienced just that. The thing about TML is the great variety and of course the price...but if they don't last...
I have to confess though I have started buying Harvie and Hudson shirts and I'm very pleased with them, though they're almost twice the price for a TML.

You're quite.correct, Harvie and Hudson are far superior to TMLewin or Charles Tyrwhitt or Thomas Pink or Hawes and Curtis!!

I wear my old TMLewin shirts as pyjama shirts, as after 6 months continual wear they shrink too much to look smart any more.

I ve only got 5 left, and would only buy them on sale as £20 back up shirts!:)

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
You're quite.correct, Harvie and Hudson are far superior to TMLewin or Charles Tyrwhitt or Thomas Pink or Hawes and Curtis!!

I wear my old TMLewin shirts as pyjama shirts, as after 6 months continual wear they shrink too much to look smart any more.

I ve only got 5 left, and would only buy them on sale as £20 back up shirts!
smile.gif

Glad to hear about HH shirts. The range is not as extensive but the quality seems to be in another league. Their slim fit is also quite slim, I find both CT and TML to be a little too wide.
Have you had much experience of CT jackets and suits?

jonchar

Reaction score

Hi,

I have made an order using your link last Thursday but I still have not receive any confirmation email from them and it has been 3 to 4 days. The ones I ordered from the UK site, their confirmation email comes in almost instantly. Any idea how long it takes? I understand it is Black Friday across the weekend over in US and it may take a while longer.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear them.

Pros: Nice, fine feeling cotton

Cons: Picks up creases (unlike the non-iron)

Notes: Look at the extreme collar stance, rounded cuff, button-cuff only.

The two shirts you are comparing are totally different; you'll have to make a stylistic decision before anything else.

That Silk Road shirt is $29, you could always buy it and either return it or give it away as a Christmas gift.

AwfullyNiceGuy

Reaction score
Tried to scan the thread quickly, but I must confess to not having checked overly enthusiastically: how are their BD?
The collar points look tiny, but sometimes I wonder if that's just the pictures deceiving. Also it was mentioned early on in the thread that CT do very stiff collars, is that also true for their casual shirts?
Sorry if these have been asked before!

sansimeon

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with their "Silk Road" line? Debating whether to get this "peached" shirt (http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirt...s||fd096wht|||25 to 29.99||1862,4463,||||||||) or a non-iron white twill one.
I have the light blue extreme cutaway shirt and even though I really like the collar, it rarely gets any use because the fabric feels really cheap. Hard to iron and wrinkles extremely easy. I've found their twill fabrics superior in comparison.

Wish they would sell extreme cutaways in other fabrics..

Last edited:

Jazz3Pickz

Reaction score
I have the light blue extreme cutaway shirt and even though I really like the collar, it rarely gets any use because the fabric feels really cheap. Hard to iron and wrinkles extremely easy. I've found their twill fabrics superior in comparison.

Wish they would sell extreme cutaways in other fabrics..

I agree. I bought the light blue one as well because I liked the collar. The fabric is horrible though, compared to CT's twill fabrics. Such a shame!

lexxdeleon

Reaction score
Tried to scan the thread quickly, but I must confess to not having checked overly enthusiastically: how are their BD?
The collar points look tiny, but sometimes I wonder if that's just the pictures deceiving. Also it was mentioned early on in the thread that CT do very stiff collars, is that also true for their casual shirts?
Sorry if these have been asked before!

I only have one of their BD's but I feel the pictures are a little deceiving and the collars are a good size. Of course this could differ from shirt to shirt, some of the other shirts look like they do have smaller collars. This is the shirt I have http://goo.gl/H4Su4I and I wouldn't call the collar on it stiff at at all.
Hi,

I have made an order using your link last Thursday but I still have not receive any confirmation email from them and it has been 3 to 4 days. The ones I ordered from the UK site, their confirmation email comes in almost instantly. Any idea how long it takes? I understand it is Black Friday across the weekend over in US and it may take a while longer.

I ordered through that link a few weeks ago and received confirmation pretty much instantly. I would reach out to them to find out the status. Their customer has been great to me so far, I made an error in the shipping address for one of my past orders and they immediately shipped out replacements.

jonchar

Reaction score
I only have one of their BD's but I feel the pictures are a little deceiving and the collars are a good size. Of course this could differ from shirt to shirt, some of the other shirts look like they do have smaller collars. This is the shirt I have http://goo.gl/H4Su4I and I wouldn't call the collar on it stiff at at all.

I ordered through that link a few weeks ago and received confirmation pretty much instantly. I would reach out to them to find out the status. Their customer has been great to me so far, I made an error in the shipping address for one of my past orders and they immediately shipped out replacements.

Thanks lexxdeleon for your reply.

I have emailed them and it appear that my email address in their records was wrong. I probably keyed in wrongly. They have replied me and told me it was already sent out 2 days ago.
So all is good.

Many thanks for your fantastic link! The link you gave, the price was unbeatable. It was 4 for $199 in the website but yours is $30 each.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recieved the email for 10% off,Free tie or $15 off + free shipping. I clicked on the link it was the 10% off. Does anyone have the link for $15 off + free shipping?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics