• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

jonchar

Reaction score
Didn't know they email discount codes/links to people.

I just made an order of 5 shirts from their UK website 2 weeks ago, another 4 from the US website via a link given above and another 3 shirts again this morning.

First batch of shirts just came in the mail today. The quality is fantastic!!!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I"m annoyed with CT right now because they're the only company I've found that sells RTW non-iron shirts with a 15.5" neck and 36.5" sleeve, but they've had none in stock for the past several months. So, I need to replace several shirts and they keep tempting me with discounts, but when I visit the website, they're out of stock. I should probably email them to ask when and if they plan to re-stock.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will often forward-order if they know when something is being made/delivered. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Gbg brouge

Reaction score
For those looking for a good discount code I have two tips CTUK10 and CTUK12 works and give a 10 and 12 percent refund respectively.
I believe there are corresponding codes for the US site.
Have a nice weekend!

LEgoiste

Reaction score
For those looking for a good discount code I have two tips CTUK10 and CTUK12 works and give a 10 and 12 percent refund respectively.
I believe there are corresponding codes for the US site.
Have a nice weekend!

CTUK15 / CTUS15 work as well for 15% discount.

Shoeliker

Reaction score
I have lost a lot of weight in the past year (not for a good reason), so none of my clothes fit properly. So I ordered two new shirts, one from CT (from whom I've ordered before) and one from Hawes and Curtis. I wanted two different manufacturers to compare fit. I also didn't want to spend a lot, in case they didn't fit. Well, they both arrived this week, and they both fit identically; plus they fit well. I'm happy. What's the problem? Well, I actually thought CT had sent me a Slim Fit instead of a Classic Fit. I've seen numerous posts about how "tent-like" the Classic Fits are, and when I was buying larger sizes, I kind of thought that a little too, but then I needed the room. I really debated this size thing, and one crucial consideration was the longer tails on the Classic Fits. One of my main complaints is shirts that are too short in the body (I'm 6'1"). I want those shirt tails staying IN! If I'd have ordered Slim Fit they'd have been useless to me. I was very surprised how trim the Classic Fit was, when I'd seen so much to the contrary. Now I'm not svelte, but at 164 lbs., I ain't huge either.

Any thoughts? Anybody have any thoughts about what I'm gonna find with other brands?

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have lost a lot of weight in the past year (not for a good reason), so none of my clothes fit properly. So I ordered two new shirts, one from CT (from whom I've ordered before) and one from Hawes and Curtis. I wanted two different manufacturers to compare fit. I also didn't want to spend a lot, in case they didn't fit. Well, they both arrived this week, and they both fit identically; plus they fit well. I'm happy. What's the problem? Well, I actually thought CT had sent me a Slim Fit instead of a Classic Fit. I've seen numerous posts about how "tent-like" the Classic Fits are, and when I was buying larger sizes, I kind of thought that a little too, but then I needed the room. I really debated this size thing, and one crucial consideration was the longer tails on the Classic Fits. One of my main complaints is shirts that are too short in the body (I'm 6'1"). I want those shirt tails staying IN! If I'd have ordered Slim Fit they'd have been useless to me. I was very surprised how trim the Classic Fit was, when I'd seen so much to the contrary. Now I'm not svelte, but at 164 lbs., I ain't huge either.

Any thoughts? Anybody have any thoughts about what I'm gonna find with other brands?

At 6'1" 164 lbs., I would indeed think that CT Classic Fit would be extremely "tent like" on you unless you wear something like a size 14.5. What size are you? I've never tried CT Classic, but judging by the measurements and comparing them to my Slim Fit shirts, I know they'd be huge on me... and I'm not exactly svelte either at 5'11" 190 lbs. (I wear a size 16). CT Slim Fit is actually a pretty darn near perfect fit for me after I get the backs darted (which costs about $15 and takes in roughly 2.5" of excess material).

As for the length of CT shirts, they actually just recently increased the length of their slim fit shirts. They went from 6-button fronts to 7-button (not including top button). They should absolutely be plenty long enough for someone at 6'1".

Shoeliker

Reaction score
Yes, Flyswatter, that's what I mean. What you're saying is pretty much in concurrence with all the other things I've seen. I'm 15-1/2 x 35. It may just be my body type, and the fact that, while not heavy, I'm not in great shape, or it may be partially what I'm used to. But at this point, I'm very unwilling to try a Slim Fit; plus, I like the way the Classic Fits I received fit, for both brands. It just really puzzles me. If, like you, I took in 2.5" on the sides of a Classic Fit, let alone a Slim Fit, it would be totally unwearable. "It's a mystery."

StylingUK

Reaction score
If you are fit and have board shoulders, their slim fit suits are worth trying. The material feels nice, has floating canvass, and working buttons.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thats odd.

I'm 6ft 180ish and i wear the extra slim fit from cT and find them to fit but not be tight. The classic fit has gotta be huge.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mercydcom