• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anybody get the $20 dollar gift code to work in conjunction with the $30 shirts?

Reaction score
Personally I find TM Lewin shirts miles away better in terms of material and construction comparing to Tyrwhitt.. But on the other side, Tyrwhitt suits are stunning.

Gbg brouge

Reaction score

Personally I find TM Lewin shirts miles away better in terms of material and construction comparing to Tyrwhitt.. But on the other side, Tyrwhitt suits are stunning.

Spot on! I love TML shirts but CT jackets, suits, trousers and knitwear are superior.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Spot on! I love TML shirts but CT jackets, suits, trousers and knitwear are superior.

I have 2 pairs of their sterling silver cufflinks, but I've had hundreds of shirts and haven't found them to be long lasting at all.
Shame, because they're very reasonable, they just wear out too quickly!

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't comment on TM Lewin because I've never owned any of their shirts. I would love to try one, but they don't offer a single shirt in slim fit with button cuffs and a spread collar. :facepalm: Boggles teh mind...

Last edited:

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't comment on TM Lewin because I've never owned any of their shirts. I would love to try one, but they don't offer a single shirt in slim fit with button cuffs and a spread collar. :facepalm: Boggles teh mind...

That's one of my main complaints about them as well. They have so many French cuff shirts. CT at offers all shirts in barrel cuff.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

That's one of my main complaints about them as well. They have so many French cuff shirts. CT at offers all shirts in barrel cuff.

Personally I prefer double cuff, so I wear bespoke or TMLewin shirts with Charles Tyrwhitt cufflinks!

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't comment on TM Lewin because I've never owned any of their shirts. I would love to try one, but they don't offer a single shirt in slim fit with button cuffs and a spread collar.
facepalm.gif
Boggles teh mind...
There are basically none with single button cuffs, but I like two-button cuffs.

http://www.tmlewin.com/Slim-Fit-Shi...html?prefn1=cuffType&prefv1=Button Cuff&sz=51

(Unless you want a more-spread collar than that, of course).

Last edited:

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would only go for their "cutaway collar", which looks very similar to Tyrwhitt's "spread collar". But thanks anyway!
smile.gif

I can dig it. I guess my definitions for collar types owe a lot to BB -- so the standard Lewin collar looks spread enough for my taste (and is more spread than the CT classic).

I think I'm going to wait for the sale and pick up some TML pinpoints. I need some staple shirts.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads