• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cellphones in your pants pocket

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
Put it on vibrate and call yourself
laugh.gif

You remembered me some vids I saw involving a girl introducing the cell phone into his p*%çy and then receiving a call....

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
<---------- slowly taking phone out of pocket and placing it on table....
patch[1].gif

The only nice thing about my Razr is its slim profile. I hardly notice that it's there when I carry it in my front left trouser pocket.

I use a razr as well and never notice it in my pants pocket either, and I wear some slim fitting pants. Try to keep it away from the boyz in da bag as much as possible.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rambo
Most manufacturers of PDA phones (Treo, Blackberry, etc.) recommend the phone not be carried in a pant pocket because of the excess heat and little to no ventilation.

So all those folks we thought were taken by The Rapture or beamed up by our alien overlords, actually just spontaneously combusted because they had their cell phones in their pockets? How disappointingly prosaic.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
So all those folks we thought were taken by The Rapture or beamed up by our alien overlords, actually just spontaneously combusted because they had their cell phones in their pockets? How disappointingly prosaic.
Actually, they were Dell laptop users. Or Scientologists.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
I use a razr as well and never notice it in my pants pocket either, and I wear some slim fitting pants. Try to keep it away from the boyz in da bag as much as possible.
I tried it in my pockets and was it ever conspicuous and uncomfortable. Most of my trousers have that slash pocket so the pockets are mostly decorative. I don't think I've ever put anything in pants pockets.

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I usually carry it in a jacket or not carry it at all if it cause an unsightly bulge. In fact, I never carry anything in my pants pockets.

Hear hear!

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried it in my pockets and was it ever conspicuous and uncomfortable.

Most of my trousers have that slash pocket so the pockets are mostly decorative.

I don't think I've ever put anything in pants pockets.

If I am wearing a suit I will put everything but my keys in my jacket. Still have not had a problem.

BEEZO

Reaction score
Hi people
smile.gif

I will never put anything into my pockets... it just spoils the whole look of the pants... Id'e rather hold everything in my hands...

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BEEZO
Hi people
smile.gif

I will never put anything into my pockets... it just spoils the whole look of the pants... Id'e rather hold everything in my hands...

Not if the things you put in are slim. I have found that a razr in one pocket and a weekend wallet in the other can't even be detected. Too much bulk makes it look weird though for sure. Perhaps we all need the man bag.

BEEZO

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
Not if the things you put in are slim. I have found that a razr in one pocket and a weekend wallet in the other can't even be detected. Too much bulk makes it look weird though for sure. Perhaps we all need the man bag.

yip! I actually do have a "man bag"... use to have the Razr... it was perfect
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
then the N73 came along... man!! its like trying to carry a fridge where ever I go...
confused.gif

ChicagoGuy

Reaction score
I usually carry it in a jacket or not carry it at all if it cause an unsightly bulge. In fact, I never carry anything in my pants pockets.

I'm the same way. If I have to I carry a wallet in my back pocket. Otherwise it goes into a jacket or just one hand.

Contingency Plan

Reaction score
I can't stand having things in my trouser pockets - it looks terrible and restricts mobility. Put it in a bag/jacket pocket instead!

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Unless you're using a belt holster, most guys probably carry their cell phone in the front pocket of their pants....do you ever worry about the health concerns of the phone eventually causing cancer (prostate, testicular, etc)? I wouldnt think there is any data on it since cell phones are so recent, it's not like anyone's had one for 30 years to study long term ill effects.

I just bought a blackberry Pearl with T-Mobile, the phones really small, replacing my Palm Treo 700P. I compaired it to a friends Razor and its small than it. I like T-mobile also. Only thing is the blackberry internet and email costs $19 an month and It won't let me access my banks website so I cannced the internet plan (basically the only reason I used the phone internet). But deffently worth the look if your looking for a smaller candybar phone.

As for cancer of the prostate or testies, never really thought of that. I do remember working at a place where they had a large radio broadcasting tower and there were signs of do not stand near the tower as there was excessive radiation, and i Didn't like having to walk by it to get to by car.

I really wouldn't worry about. Cell phones have been around for over 20 years now and the early ones were +5 watts of power because of the so few cell phone towers. I don't think any has gotten brain tumors from it. Current cell phones only put out about .243 watts of power.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads