• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

User888

Reaction score
I'd size up, as the shoulder divot would drive me nuts sooner than later, though that seems a nonstarter for you. Definitely do not size down.
Yeah that's what gets me, I know I'll see it every time I out it on. Sizing up I think will make it way to baggy for me. Hence why I'm thinking what to do with it.

Marshak

Reaction score
Hi guys, could use some experienced eyes on this and since it's from his brand I'll post it here. This is my first piece from the brand and I'm not too sure about the size and fit. This is a size 50/40uk with spallia camicia shoulders and I'm not sure how or why the left divot is happening, perhaps there's a bit more structure than I anticipated or the shoulders are extended which makes me wonder if I got the right size. The length seems to be on the longer end and hip could be surprised a nudge. It's a bit more lose fitting than my jackets from other brands like S&M or SS in the same size.
Should I go a size down? Is the fit of the brand or this jacket not right for me? Or how do you see it (for ref I'm 1.80 and around 84kg).
Thanks in advance and don't mind the messy cables! View attachment 2075359 View attachment 2075361 View attachment 2075363 View attachment 2075365 View attachment 2075367

Very good fit for... a RTW jacket.

Delands

Reaction score
Not really,no.

One of those things that when we stock them, nobody buys. Whenever we dont, 6-7 people ask wether we would ever consider stocking..

So we are pretty happy passing that piece of business to somebody else.
(For the time being anyway..)
I guess I‘m one of the very few that bought one when you stocked them. It unfortunately does not fit me anymore and need a size up.
But fully understand the business decision.

powderbluestanza

Reaction score
I found Cavour through Styleforum and purchased a plain charcoal suit in the last sale. I would definitely recommend Cavour to anyone in the EU looking for a great suit. From the minimalist yet distinctive lapels to the handmade stitching, my Cavour suit oozes charm and a sophistication that I haven't found elsewhere. My wife, who was once a fashion-obsessed twenty-somthing made possibly the best summary: "this suit is really neat". It even provides a solid RTW fit for my very square shoulders.

I took my Cavour suit to my tailor for alterations, when I picked up the suit later he said "this is a very good handmade suit so I also did the alterations by hand to match" and he was then shocked to learn that I only paid 500 EUR (50% off sale).

On top of everything above, I received a wonderfully luxurious suit bag for free with my purchase.

And now some brief criticism:
  • I also ordered a pair of wool trousers that were listed as "gray" and looked like a kind of green-tinged gray, but when I got the order confirmation that pants were listed as green and what was delivered was in fact very green. It's definitely worth contacting them if you have any question about an item.
  • It looks like size 44 (suits) was discontinued. I have a 46 which fits pretty well but my tailor thought the 44 might be a better fit.

kevinsvindland

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello @kevinsvindland,
Where do the fabrics for your "entry-level" (if I may say so) and "Premium" shirts like this one or this one come from?
Thank you!

This season we used swatches from our friends in India. Which only show their internal article numbers, and does not disclose mill.

The Sartoria shirts are mostly Alumo fabrics.

hysteria

Reaction score
Would someone be able to help me understand what "winter" hopsack entails? I always associate hopsack w/ summer but I wonder if this specific fabric can be suitable year-round, but more so in the summer since I am in search of a spring to fall navy sportcoat.

Also not sure how the above differes from this Englihs hopsack, other than the slight difference in colour.

Refundyoda

Reaction score
Hi all, I raised this before with Cavour but basically got told to pound sand, anyone else have this experience?

Price for few items including delivery and 23% VAT to Ireland is X

Price for same items excluding mswt (VAT) including free delivery to Switzerland is Y

How the F is is Y > X??? I still have to pay the tax myself on this (concept is the same for delivery to US but there is no tax in the end obviously)

This is of course changed in the last 6 months and has put me right off buying anything again because this right here is an absolute scam.

St1X

Reaction score
Hi all, I raised this before with Cavour but basically got told to pound sand, anyone else have this experience?

Price for few items including delivery and 23% VAT to Ireland is X

Price for same items excluding mswt (VAT) including free delivery to Switzerland is Y

How the F is is Y > X??? I still have to pay the tax myself on this (concept is the same for delivery to US but there is no tax in the end obviously)

This is of course changed in the last 6 months and has put me right off buying anything again because this right here is an absolute scam.
Ireland is in EU, Switzerland is not, so might be related to the cost of doing business and paying taxes on your purchase. Plus currency conversion.
Many brands have different regional pricing in local currency. And with the cost of your currency going up and down through the year it might be cheaper to buy those same items in the neighboring countrie
🤷

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are shoes included in the BF sale or not, @kevinsvindland

Thwyre advertised as such on your IG story, but when one visits the site, they're not.
Screenshot_20231125_171003_com.instagram.android_edit_550959824890929.jpg

Refundyoda

Reaction score
Ireland is in EU, Switzerland is not, so might be related to the cost of doing business and paying taxes on your purchase. Plus currency conversion.
Many brands have different regional pricing in local currency. And with the cost of your currency going up and down through the year it might be cheaper to buy those same items in the neighboring countrie
🤷
That's not how it works... I work in procurement as my day job. VAT in Ireland is 23%, mswt (Swiss vat) is 7.7%, in US it's 0. Currency wise CHF is much stronger than Eur or USD, historically speaking so it should be cheaper, but cavour charges in USD anyway, and even after the conversion Ireland works out like 25% cheaper. Also cavour are Norwegian, not that any of that matters since all these countries are in the single market through EEA.

I'll give you a better example. Go on the Vass website and try ordering a pair of shoes from Ireland and then Switzerland. Then report back.

I'll be taking my business elsewhere, as 6 months ago, the process was the same as say Vass, and they suddenly changed it.

shoewarma

Reaction score
I have a question for you seasoned Cavourheads. I have a couple of sport jackets in size 50 that I purchased within the past two years. The shoulder width and chest circumference are perfect for both, but I recently started noticing how long these jackets are. I wore them quite a lot, but recently their lengths have been bugging me. I'm 5'7", 160 lbs and have an average muscular build. They extend just past my thumbs. The problem is that the patch pockets are so close to the bottom, and I think shortening the jackets might throw off the look. Does anyone of a similar height/build have the same experience? Sorry for the picture quality.

IMG_20231125_215143.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads